TPG Community

Get online support

NBN 100 Upload speed less than 1mbps - Annandale Sydney 12/01/2020

dernel2001
Level 2

Since Thursday last week upload speeds have been ner enough zero...

this is evident across all platforms, PC, Mac, tablets etc

both wireless and ethernet connections are the same...

Down load speed varies between 30-75mbps so no issue there..

speed test done on OOKLA, TPG and IInet tools all the same..

TPG said some work being done at Glebe exchange..but received a txt this morning that all is good...

unfortunately it is not..

everything reset etc..still no joy...
there must be others in the inner west having issues?

Derek

7 REPLIES 7
Nicholas1
Level 2

I'm experiencing the same problem, in Annandale. Upload speed is nominal (~90Mbps) and download is <1Mbps (usually ~35Mbps). TPG support says its due to NBN "maintenance" work and could last until Thursday (16/1). For some unknown reason, this is not showing up on the Service Status list.

My wife and I often work from home and I do university online studies. So this dragging network issue is becoming problematic!

BasilDV

Hi @dernel2001,

Welcome to TPG Community!

We were able to locate your account using your community details and understand that you've been in touch with one of our Social Media Moderators.

The case has been escalated to our Engineering team for further investigation and updates will be given as soon as it becomes available.

In the meantime, if you have any further enquiries or require general information on the matter, contact us here and we'll be sure to get this coordinated for you.

BasilDV

BasilDV

Hi @Nicholas1,

Welcome to TPG Community!

We were able to locate your account using your community details and can confirm that your service is part of an NBN network outage.

It is not posted on our Service status page as it is within the NBN network and only affects a few TPG customers.

This case is being monitored by our Outage monitoring team and will be in touch with you via SMS or phone call as soon as an update becomes available.

BasilDV

Nicholas1
Level 2

Hi Basil

Thanks for reaching out.

I had an indication the Upload problem would be resolved by Thursday 16/1. However, it's still very low - ~1Mbps.

Can I get an update on how long NBN will take to fix it?

Cheers, Nick -:-

Joseph_D

@Nicholas1 NBN said they are done with the maintenance yesterday. We tested the speed on your line and we did not see an issue there. Can you power down everything on the network for a minute to refresh the connection?

Nicholas1
Level 2

Hi Joseph

I did a power reset this morning and saw no change.

But this afternoon I've checked again and it's great to see all is back to normal.

Thanks to your team for keeping us informed!

Cheers, Nick -:-

BasilDV

Hi @Nicholas1,

We are glad that everything is back to normal.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

BasilDV