TPG Community

Get online support

NBN 50 HCF frequent dropouts

SOLVED Go to solution
thunderflash
Level 2

Gidday,

I am living at Qld. Since I switched to NBN 50 (HCF) in March 2018, I have been experiencing frequent drop outs days and nights.

When it does, the NBN Box lights blinking.  It will then take approximately from 5 minutes to 30 minutes to get solid four green lights (and get the internet back on again). 

I have been many years on ADSL2+ TPG plan on a stable internet connection without any dropouts.  

Any advice to get it fix? FYI: My modem is a Huawei HG659 (supplied by TPG).

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
thunderflash
Level 2

Hi @BasilDV

TPG tech has guided through over the phone to reset both NBN box and Huawei modem.

As you have indicated below, internet connection will be monitored for 24 hours.

She will call tomorrow evening to see how it goes.  

I will discuss if my internet connection can be monitored for a week instead of 24 hours.

Thank you.

Regards,

Thunderflash 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
BasilDV

Good day @thunderflash,

Welcome to TPG Community!

We were able to locate your account using your community details and was able to run some remote test. We are unable to detect any fault on the network, however, we can detect the session dropouts that you've experienced.

We'd like to look into it further to understand what's happening with your service. I will arrange a call from our tech team to run some real time test. Please shoot me a private message of your preferred time and best number to be contacted.

Kind regards,

thunderflash
Level 2

Thanks for a prompt response. I have just send a PM.

BasilDV

Thank you for the private message @thunderflash.

I have notified our Tech team and they'll be in touch at your convenience.

Kind regards,

thunderflash
Level 2

@BasilDV Thank you for a prompt response. I hope the frequent drop outs issue can be rectified.

Cheers,

Thunderflash

Shane

Hi @thunderflash,

We'll keep an eye on this. We're looking forward to have this fixed by tomorrow.

Cheers!

BasilDV

Good day @thunderflash.

I understand that our Tech team has been in touch and was able to reset the NBN box.

Your account will be monitored to make sure that the connection will be stable.

Let us know should you require further assistance.

Regards,

thunderflash
Level 2

Hi @BasilDV

TPG tech has guided through over the phone to reset both NBN box and Huawei modem.

As you have indicated below, internet connection will be monitored for 24 hours.

She will call tomorrow evening to see how it goes.  

I will discuss if my internet connection can be monitored for a week instead of 24 hours.

Thank you.

Regards,

Thunderflash