Did anyone see the announcement from NBN Co back in May 2021 about expanding the FTTP installations? I'm wondering if anyone has managed to get some more information on a project plan for when this might go ahead by each area?
I'm sick of the drop outs (9 in a 2hr period the other day), lack of care from TPG (so by default NBN Co) despite numerous calls and above all low speeds.
If this is going to be some time away for our house I'll throw in the towel and get a Fixed Wireless installation from NodeOne or Pentanet.
We are also dependent with NBN Co with regards to NBN technology update.
We'd like to check if there's any underlying connection issue with your service that may be causing the drop outs.
Here are some factors:
1. Network dropouts, this dropout is caused by a line fault on TPG or NBN's network. Affecting all device(s) LAN/Wireless connected to the modem/router this may require a real-time test and investigation by our Technicians and Engineers.
2. Wireless dropouts, this issue only affects the device(s) connected via Wi-Fi which can easily be fix by doing adjustment to the modem/router's settings.
3. Dropouts caused by ongoing outage in your area.
In the event that you experience dropouts via Wireless/Wi-Fi connection, we recommend having a read on the following articles:
Let us have your TPG account details in order for us to assist you further.
To send a PM, please refer to this link: How do I private message (PM) in the community
Thanks for responding @Ahra_G, I will PM my TPG account details.
I'm really interested to know if anyone has the rollout plan for the FTTP/FTTC as announced by NBN Co, not to try and troubleshoot this. I've had enough of the brush off from the Tech Support team.
Now, working backwards through your list...
3. The drop outs typically last 2-4mins. I've been able to check up on the outages where we have been down for longer.
2. I don't have any issues with wifi drop outs, just internet drop outs. I can see through the administration portal of my router when I'm connected to the internet, trying to connect or "no signal". When I experience a drop out it is internet only, I still have functional wifi and ethernet within my internal network.
1. I am certain this is where the issue lies. Near the start of COVID I was issued a new modem and this had no noticeable impact on the frequency of the drop outs (more or less). Each time I suggest to Tech Support someone should come out and check the copper lines for issues it is met with "we'll monitor it for 24hrs" and it never goes any further.
This hasn't been a new issue and it's not an infrequent one that can be correlated to weather events; rain or a hot day.
Interestingly we spent 8 months renting ~2km down the road while we had some building works done here. We spent 8 months without a dropout using exactly the same equipment in exactly the same configuration (unplugged the model and power, replugged the modem and power), yet have these consistent drop outs the moment we return.
PS. I'm happy to share a dump of the logs from my drop outs if anyone is really that interested.