NBN FTTC and Deco M5

SOLVED Go to solution
tandlandy
Level 2
I have TPG NBN FTTC, the TPG supplied modem/router, and a Deco M5 mesh system. My understanding is that I should not need to connect the NBN NCD to the TPG router to the Deco; I should just be able to connect the Deco to the NCD. However this doesn’t work. Therefore I have the TPG router running (using extra electricity and generating heat) for no purpose other than to transfer internet between the NCD and my Deco. Surely there’s a simple fix for this?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Shane

Hi @tandlandy ,

Welcome to the community!

I'd like to set your expectation that, we do not have information on how to set up any 3rd party Mesh device. I tried to google Deco M5 it shows its a Standalone Mesh system. In order for the internet to work, you need to have Authenticating device (VDSL modem) to establish a connection to our network, I believe Deco M5 do not support that.

If you wish to set up the internet connection directly to Deco M5. We recommend to contact the manufacturer support to check if it supports a VDSL modem feature, if so, you simply need to configure the settings below.

BYO NBN Device Set Up.jpg

Let us know should you require further assistance.

Regards,

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Shane

Hi @tandlandy ,

Welcome to the community!

I'd like to set your expectation that, we do not have information on how to set up any 3rd party Mesh device. I tried to google Deco M5 it shows its a Standalone Mesh system. In order for the internet to work, you need to have Authenticating device (VDSL modem) to establish a connection to our network, I believe Deco M5 do not support that.

If you wish to set up the internet connection directly to Deco M5. We recommend to contact the manufacturer support to check if it supports a VDSL modem feature, if so, you simply need to configure the settings below.

BYO NBN Device Set Up.jpg

Let us know should you require further assistance.

Regards,