TPG Community

Get online support

NBN HFC Dropouts every few weeks

SOLVED Go to solution
roo4393
Level 2

Hi All,

We got NBN HFC connected on 25th May 2019. On 9th June, connection dropped out and came back late the next day. This was reported to TPG and two technicians checked the line on June 15th. They said there are "problems" with the lines outside that come up to the building and these problems will affect all units in our building from time to time.

On 5th Aug connection dropped out again. This time it hasn't come back as it did before. A tech visit is scheduled for Sat 10th Aug. This could've been scheduled earlier but I couldn't take time off work Mon-Fri.

Is NBN HFC likely to be this problematic in the long run?

Thanks

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Shane

Hi @roo4393 ,

Welcome to the community!

We're sad to know that you're having issue with the service. We're able to locate your account using your community details and we've seen that the issue has been raised to our Engineering Team. We have identified that the issue is with the network controlled by the NBN co. This unfortunately means only NBN co. technicians have the authority to fix this fault.

Earliest appointment for nbn technician visit is Saturday, 10 August 2019, 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM. You will receive an SMS or Phone call once it is confirmed.

We'll chase this with our team further updates will be provided when it's available. We apologise for any inconvenience.

Cheers!

View solution in original post

roo4393
Level 2

The connection came back on Sunday afternoon. Thanks TPG & NBN Co!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Shane

Hi @roo4393 ,

Welcome to the community!

We're sad to know that you're having issue with the service. We're able to locate your account using your community details and we've seen that the issue has been raised to our Engineering Team. We have identified that the issue is with the network controlled by the NBN co. This unfortunately means only NBN co. technicians have the authority to fix this fault.

Earliest appointment for nbn technician visit is Saturday, 10 August 2019, 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM. You will receive an SMS or Phone call once it is confirmed.

We'll chase this with our team further updates will be provided when it's available. We apologise for any inconvenience.

Cheers!

roo4393
Level 2

Thanks Shane. We'll see how things turn out!

Riezl

Thanks @roo4393. NBN has booked a technician for Saturday, 10 August 2019, 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM and we have received your confirmation regarding the said appointment. Our Engineering Team is closely monitoring this and the case engineer will contact you as soon as the final report is received from the technician.

Should you have further queries, feel free to drop us a message. Thank you.

roo4393
Level 2

The connection came back on Sunday afternoon. Thanks TPG & NBN Co!

harts101
Level 2

Mine has been dropping out up to 20 times a day. The NTD seams to reboot itself or it is being rebooted from NBN. This takes up to 10 minutes to restart the NTD. Then when it is back up some times I also have to reboot the router to get the internet back up. Places 3 calls to TPG. The rollout started in my area in June and this may be an effect of others being added to the network! This is extremely frustrating as my old ADSL 2 I only had 2 outages in 16 years!

BasilDV

Hi @harts101,

Welcome to TPG Community!

We were able to locate your account using your community details and tested the line.

We weren't able to detect any fault within the NBN network, but we've reset the connection remotely.

Let's monitor your connection within 24 hours if the dropouts will recur.

Regards,

BasilDV

BasilDV

Hi @harts101,

We understand that you've contacted our Tech team since the service is still dropping and the case was escalated to our Engineers for further investigation.

They'll be in touch with you via SMS or phone call once an update is available.

Regards,

BasilDV