TPG Community

Get online support

NBN HFC installation - No progress WHY?

SOLVED Go to solution
16bentstreet
Level 2

It's been 1 month since I have moved into my new place and still have NO internet in regards to HFC. Been using my mobile data to exceeding limits. Have called TPG consistently for updates and follow ups and all they have said is “sorry, you will have to wait another X business days”, “still waiting for feedback from nbn co”, or “our case manager will contact you when it is ready”.

Do not feel valued or prioritised and feel as if everytime I call I am calling to get disappointed.

I have been trying to do research about HFC and am confused as opposed to why an installation still cannot happen?

*If the outside of your premises hasn’t been connected to the nbn™ network yet, your standard installation will include connecting hybrid fibre coaxial (HFC) cable from your street to the nbn™ utility box on the
outside of your premises*

This was based on a pdf I found on TPG about HFC. But my apartment building is already NBN connected and my neighbours from other providers such as Telstra and Optus are surely using the same networks too. What makes TPG so behind in their work? My building corporate has informed me they are ready to open up access for technicians to come in to do work in the building too and have no idea what is the hold up. 

There is also no way to contact Nbn Co either directly and TPG has been charging an internet plan I have no access to.

Don't know what to do in this matter. Is cutting ties with TPG the only option left?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Shane

Our Provisioning Team is doing their best to complete the installation. I don’t have any further updates differing from what has already been communicated to you. Your experience is important to us. Updates will be provided when it becomes available. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Shane

Hi @16bentstreet ,

Welcome to the community!

Thanks for raising this to us. I was able to locate the account using your community details and confirm that this ongoing installation is now being handled by our NBN Provisioning Team.

Yes the building is NBN ready. However, due to a provisioning issue, there has been a delay in activating the service. Based on NBN Co.'s report, a lateral Cable is required to run down the building and has identified that the network infrastructure within this building requires scoping, redesign and augmentation.

NBN Co. performs the whole installation of the service up to the first wall socket and which means we are reliant on their Technicians. Our NBN Provisioning Team is working around the clock to get the service installed and at the moment we're still awaiting updates from NBN Co.

We've seen that you have been in contact with one of our NBN Provisioning Team and provided the update, we will raise this with them and request for urgent feedback when new details from NBN Co. becomes available.  We apologise for any inconvenience.

Regards, 

16bentstreet
Level 2
Don't understand why it takes over one month to do this as request was given from the beginning of November.

First it was said that expected completion date was November 21st, then after a series of follow ups it was December 9th and now January 29th. For all I know it will could be delayed for two more months.
Shane

Our Provisioning Team is doing their best to complete the installation. I don’t have any further updates differing from what has already been communicated to you. Your experience is important to us. Updates will be provided when it becomes available.