TPG Community

Get online support

NBN Installation Issues

bjay51855
Level 2

Hi TPG, have been having issues getting NBN installed at our new house. Signed up for NBN several weeks ago and had a technician from NBN Co come out to our place. Basically he looked in the pit at the front of our house and said there is no connection to it and that we need to pay for a private electrician to do this for us. After looking into it further and talking to the builder of our house we have an underground conduit already from the boundary of our house to the phone line plug inside our house with a draw wire attached. Also do not have any sort of NBN box installed in our house. Are you able to confirm that we do not need anything else installed on our end and that it is NBNs responsibility to install the wiring from the pit through our conduit to our house and to install the NBN box?

Also we were supposed to have the technician turn up 2 days ago and it was cancelled at the last minute and now rescheduled for 3 weeks time on a day when Im not available (only have Fridays off and dont really want to take time off work if the appointment is going to be as useless as last time). Is there any way you can move the appointment to earlier or give any indication why it was cancelled. 

7 REPLIES 7
Ahra_G

Hi @bjay51855

I have tried searching for your account using your Community details but was not able to find a match. 

To answer your query, the NBN installation will normally get installed to the nearest socket available at your home. However, the type of installation will also depend on the type of NBN technology that will be installed on your address. 

In order to further check on this, please send us with your Customer ID/username or your service address via private message so we can assist you accordingly. 

Regards,

Ahra_G

bjay51855
Level 2

Still has been no real answer to my initial question so Im putting it out there for anyone who actually knows. As stated earlier were having NBN FTTC installed to the house. We have an underground conduit installed with a draw wire attached but no lead in cable in the conduit. Is this NBNs responsibility to install the cable or mine?

Ahra_G

Hi @bjay51855

As advised previously, only an NBN technician can only determine and provide you with an accurate information as to what will happen on the day of installation. 

For NBN connection, an installation guide is sent to your email address with an attached file which will answer your query pertaining to the installation of your service. 

Here's some of the following info:

On the day of installation:

• When your nbn™ installer arrives, check their ID before giving them access to your property. Your installer will discuss with you where the equipment is going to be installed.

• The standard installation will include connecting your existing copper phone cable to an nbn™ Distribution Point Unit (DPU) in a pit close to your premises.

• The standard installation could take up to two hours.

Locating your telephone wall socket

An important first step to setup is locating a telephone wall socket in your home.

Which telephone wall socket is the right one?

It’s most likely the socket that currently connects to your phone or internet service. Ideally, it will be located only a
short distance from a power outlet

These are just some of the basic info you need; all other info can only be provided by the installer as he takes a closer look and assess on how the connection will be set up in your premise. 

Regards,

Ahra_G

bjay51855
Level 2
Hi Ahra, I've contacted nbn myself and have finally gotten an answer to my questions regarding the installation. Given the delays in installation I would still want to have 2 months free service as I should have been already connected at the start of this month and won't be until the end of next month.
Ahra_G

I understand, @bjay51855.

A Case Manager has tried contacting you this morning to discuss the concerns raised to no avail.

May I know the best time to call you today? 

bjay51855
Level 2

I am free any time today from now

Ahra_G

HI @bjay51855

Recent update on your account showed that a Case Manager has contacted you. 

Should you require further assistance, you may reach out to us again or you may check out our self-help options located here: http://tpg.com.au/support

Thanks!