TPG Community

Get online support

NBN Installation Re-schedule

ironbars
Level 2

Hi all,

My NBN installation has been re-secheduled which will now make it a month without internet.

My partner is an essential worker and I work from home as well so this is causing loss of income.

What options are their available in the meantime whilst we wait and wait and wait for setup? Is it possible to be on an ADSL plan until installation so we aren't losing income and paying for services we aren't receiving?

3 REPLIES 3
Ahra_G

Hi @ironbars 

Installation of NBN services can generally take 10 working days however, we still provide a standard timeframe of 2-30 working days as we rely on NBN Co to provide the service; therefore, we are subjected to their connection timeframe as well as scheduling. 

I've managed to locate your account and have seen the appointment booked on 13 July 2021 between 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM.

We can have our Provisioning Team to check if there will be any sooner dates available however, it will still depend on NBN technician's availability.

Please await update via phone call or SMS from a Case Manager wthin the day. 

Regards,

Ahra_G

ironbars
Level 2

Thanks Ahra_G,

Original booking was 30th of June between 1pm-5pm.

I also received a call from a NBN tech on the 27th of June asking if I could have my installation earlier on Saturday the 28th of June between 8am-12pm. This was organized then apparently removed from the run on Saturday, the NBN tech text me to let me know and that it would be my normal time on the 30th of June. Then recevied the notification of being pushed back which will make it 20 business days from when ordering after the original was 11 business days from when ordering.

Hope this helps when communicating to them.

Ahra_G

Hi @ironbars

The Case Manager has tried contacting you today to no avail. An SMS was also sent regarding your concern. 

Let us know if you have an alternative number aside from the one we have on file (pls send it via PM) as well as your convenient time to receive a call. 

Their team is available until 6PM to contact you (weekdays).

Regards,

Ahra_G