TPG Community

Get online support

NBN Repair & Installation Complaint

SOLVED Go to solution
strangr
Level 3

Hi team,

I am extremely frustrated and disappointed with TPG's service.

First technician who came out 2 weeks ago advised outside NBN cable was chewed by rats and raised a new case with TPG and NBN for another crew to come out and replace the cable. The limitation for this case expired yesterday and yet nothing has been done. It has been 2 weeks since I had no internet (Case Number xxxxxx) and every time I follow up, the engineering team has advised there has been no communication from NBN regarding my cable that is to be repaired. Each team member I've talked to has advised they will raise it with NBN and I would receive a call back for updates but NEVER, it has always been me calling TPG.

I expect my billing to be adjusted to reflect this month's connectivity issue. I'm not paying full price for a service I have not received this month.

Please priotise and resolve this issue.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
strangr
Level 3

Hi @Shane and moderators,

Just wanted to advise my internet connection has been fixed with the technician today and as a result, I will be closing this thread.

I will be in further discussion with my Customer Relations Case Manager in relation to this complaint.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
Shane

Hi @strangr,

Welcome to the community!

We're sad to know that you're having issues with the service, I was able to locate the account and confirm that aside issue on the NBN cable that was chewed by rats there is also a known issue on NBN's network affecting the service not to work and cause of delay for the resolution. I can see that you have been in contact with one of our Engineers yesterday and provided an update.

I will raise this with them for additional reference on the ongoing assessment and request a billing adjustment; just to set your expectation that billing adjustment is subject to approval and investigation this will be done once the issue affecting the service is resolved.

Let me know should you require further assistance.

Regards, 

Hi team,

First technician who came out 2 weeks ago advised outside NBN cable was chewed by rats and raised a new case with TPG and NBN for another crew to come out and replace the cable. The limitation for this case expired yesterday and yet nothing has been done. It has been 2 weeks since I had no internet (Case Number xxxxxx) and every time I follow up, the engineering team has advised there has been no communication from NBN regarding my cable that is to be repaired. Each team member I've talked to has advised they will raise it with NBN and I would receive a call back for updates but NEVER, it has always been me calling TPG.

I expect my billing to be adjusted to reflect this month's connectivity issue. I'm not paying full price for a service I have not received this month.

Thanks.

strangr
Level 3

@Shane wrote:

Hi @strangr,

Welcome to the community!

We're sad to know that you're having issues with the service, I was able to locate the account and confirm that aside issue on the NBN cable that was chewed by rats there is also a known issue on NBN's network affecting the service not to work and cause of delay for the resolution. I can see that you have been in contact with one of our Engineers yesterday and provided an update.

I will raise this with them for additional reference on the ongoing assessment and request a billing adjustment; just to set your expectation that billing adjustment is subject to approval and investigation this will be done once the issue affecting the service is resolved.

Let me know should you require further assistance.

Regards, 

Hi team,

Thanks.

Hi @Shane,

Thanks for your reply. I have spoken to a team member from Engineering who has advised the latest NBN will resolve this issue is on Monday 12/4. Hopefully this issue doesn't drag out any longer and gets fixed by that date.

I do not think there is a known issue on NBN's network affecting the service not to work as there are no reported outages on NBN network status website for my area. I have asked my neighbours in the same lot and they have advised they have internet connection with their own providers. Clearly this is an issue on my cable line.

Regards.

Shane

Thanks for the additional details, the assigned Engineer handling this case will provide you an update when it becomes available. 

strangr
Level 3

Hi @Shane,

Any updates in relation to my ticket# 11329787?

I called Customer support today hoping for an update however the rep I was speaking to (Donovan) told me additional details in that there was an NBN shortfall 2 weeks ago which should already be resolved now and that the last NBN update to TPG was on the 29th March. Was also advised I would be getting call-back update from Engineering team after my call with Donovan however have not received any call.

It is already past 5pm and another day past not fixed (promised as well). Your customer service team has always said they will raise with NBN however why is it that in these 2 weeks you have had no updates from NBN?

May I know a timeframe in which this will be fixed? Could you also provide an NBN contact number and NBN case reference number for this ticket and I can follow up on me end. At this point, I can't trust TPG giving me an estimated timeframe to resolve this.

BasilDV

Hi @strangr

Thanks for reaching out and we apologise for the inconvenience.

We've checked the account and noticed that the report from NBN Co is incomplete, which is why our Engineers wasn't able to provide you an estimated time in restoring the service.

We already sent a follow up with the NBN Management and your assigned Engineer will be in touch with you as soon as an update becomes available.

Again, we are sorry for the trouble.

BasilDV

strangr
Level 3

Hi @BasilDV 

Could you please advise what is this 'report' and why it would be incomplete? As far as I'm aware from my previous post is that the last update from NB Co is on 29th March. There should be systems in place for TPG to flag why a report is overdue yet no-one from TPG has raised this question.

Could you provide the NBN case number that TPG has opened with NBN Co?

I will follow-up with NBN Co directly.

@BasilDV wrote:

Hi @strangr

Thanks for reaching out and we apologise for the inconvenience.

We've checked the account and noticed that the report from NBN Co is incomplete, which is why our Engineers wasn't able to provide you an estimated time in restoring the service.

We already sent a follow up with the NBN Management and your assigned Engineer will be in touch with you as soon as an update becomes available.

Again, we are sorry for the trouble.

BasilDV

BasilDV

Hi @strangr

This has been raised to our Engineering team and someone will be in touch with you within the day to provide further updates and give you the NBN ticket number.

BasilDV

strangr
Level 3

Dear @BasilDV and moderators,

Just wanted to advise no-one from Engineering was in touch with me yesterday, I had to initate a call with Engineering today. It is disappointing customer service when previously advised I would be contacted.

It has been beyond reasonable time for my issue to be fixed (currently 2.5 weeks) and it is not reasonable for myself to be hearing from your Engineering team that this ticket keeps getting pushed back several times. Your Engineering team has kindly advised the NBN ticket no. INC300003233634 in which I will try resolve with NBN Co.

As such, I will begin to lodge a formal complaint process with TPG as well as NBN Co (which I have started). Please also advise my case manager Christine regarding this.

Thanks.

@BasilDV wrote:

Hi @strangr

This has been raised to our Engineering team and someone will be in touch with you within the day to provide further updates and give you the NBN ticket number.

BasilDV

BasilDV

Our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience, @strangr.

The fault within the network is quite complex, which is why it requires more time to be resolved.

We'll advise your assigned Engineer in regards to your formal complaint. Please provide me the ticket or reference number of your complaint for us to raise it with them.

Again, we're really sorry for the inconvenience.

BasilDV