TPG Community

Get online support

NBN Technician cancelled appointment

victorsamos
Level 2
Hi

I had a scheduled appointment with the NBN today between 1pm and 5pm for which I have had to take a day off work to be home for.

I received an SMS notification at 12pm saying that my appointment had to be rescheduled but no detail was provided as to why this was the case.

I am really angry that very little notice was provided to me. I could have made alternate arrangements if I had been given notice early. I now have to make arrangements to take another day off work to be home for the next appointment.

I would like to know exactly what the issue was why the technician could not complete my install today?

And will I be provided any compensation for my lost work hours?
12 REPLIES 12
Nasannamsan
Level 2
Exactly same thing happened to me. I had my installation schedulled today and i waited for a whole day at my home. But it sudennly re-schedulled for the next month i need an answer too.
Ahra_G

Hi @victorsamos

Welcome to the Community! 

I'm sorry to learn about the struggle you're experiencing to get the NBN service installed. I can only imagine how frustrating the entire ordeal is for you.

Based on the update provided by NBN Co, there was a technician capacity issue hence the need to reschedule the appointment. 

We apologise for the late notice as these notifications also come from NBN Co, being the wholesale provider of the NBN services. 

A Case Manager has been assigned to monitor the progress of the installation and to ensure that you will be notified with any further updates available. 

The next appointment is set on Friday, 31 January 2020, between 1PM - 5PM. 

Regards,

Ahra_G

Ahra_G

Hi @Nasannamsan

Welcome to the Community! 

We apologise that your experience with the installation wasn't a pleasant one. I've managed to locate your account using your Community details and it appears that we have yet to receive a report from NBN Co as to what happened with the appointment today. 

I have since raised this to our Provisioning team and a Case Manager should be assigned as well to contact you to provide updates once it becomes available. 

May we know your most convenient time to receive a call? 

Regards,

Ahra_G

Nasannamsan
Level 2
im really dissapointed. I already waited for a month to get your service, not to mention I cancelled DODO and Telstra services for TPG. Seriously? You want me to wait for another month?? I want my next appointment in this month. Cant wait for 2 whole months!!!
Riezl

Hi @Nasannamsan, we apologise for the inconvenience this is causing you. We have managed to reschedule the appointment from Thursday, 13 February 2020, 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM to Friday, 07 February 2020, 1:00 PM - 5:00 PM, which is the earliest available appointment provided to us by our wholesale partner NBN Co.

victorsamos
Level 2
Thanks for the response but just wondering if you could assist me further with my enquire below.

I live in an apartment unit in an area where the nbn has just been rolled out earlier this month. My next door neighbour has also signed up for the nbn with TPG. Earlier this week an nbn technician arrived at his place and advised that they were unable to connect him to the nbn as they would need to send out another technician to sort out an issue.
My neighbour has since received an email explaining that his order with TPG has been placed on hold as there is a core network shortfall. An issue most likely to be with setting up the lead in conduit entering our premises.
As we live in the same building I am wondering if this issue would also be affecting my connection as well?
If so then can we arrange a shared appointment with the nbn to have both connections set up on same day?

Ahra_G

I'm afraid that is not possible as all installation appointments are scheduled individually, @victorsamos

Though you live in the same building, there are still instances or situations that one job needs more work than the other.  

Nasannamsan
Level 2
Technician didnt show up again. I took another day off and waited whole day for this appointment. And i didnt even get single notice. Why??? Im really dissatisfied.
Is technician appoinnment really necessary??? I got this mail from Strata management services yesterday and it says additional cabling may not required. If additional cabling isnt required i think i can manage my installation by myself. Just send me the NCD box and ill do it myself.

Thanks for wasting my time and money. I took day offs twice and still using expensive mobile data. Thank you very much for your service!
Shane

Hi @Nasannamsan,

We apologise for this inconvenience, we understand that you want the service be installed as early as possible. However, the service installation is, Service Class 32.

Service Class 32 - In your particular case, your installation is service class 32, this means that a technician needs to install or connect the DPU on the pit or pole, test the line to the socket and install the NCD in the house.

We will chase this with our NBN-Provisioning Team to provide urgent update on this case tomorrow.