TPG Community

Get online support

NBN Technician sent to wrong address

gasparovic
Level 3

Had my installation scheduled for Monday between 1 and 5pm. Received the modem four days prior show everything was looking great.

Sadly the technician was a NO-SHOW.

I waited for hours to get online support and was finally told that the installation was happening but at the wrong address. So, the installation occurred at an address in Maroubra while it should have been in St John Park, so not even close.

Then I was told a case manager would contact me. Well at this point the service from TPG is appalling as I have not heard from anyone since.

15 REPLIES 15
JayeshP9

Welcome to TPG Community,

You can private message to me your customer ID, username, service address and mobile number so i can check status here.

regards

JayeshP9

JayeshP9

Hi gasparovic,

I have sent your query to installtion team  to check update for your order for NBN FTTC service with correct address.

Regards

JayeshP9

gasparovic
Level 3

Thanks, I look forward to any communication

gasparovic
Level 3

More than 48 hours ago, I received an email letting me know that I will be contacted within 24 hours of the new installation date. Again, I find I am waiting on more broken promises.

Please let me know if this installation will be completed by 13 May 2020. If not, I will find another supplier and I will be cancelling both existing accounts with TPG. The service from TPG has become terrible.

JayeshP9

Hi  gasparovic,

Sorry for delaying to switch from ADSL to NBN FTTC due to somehow  previously order was placed on wrong address, Now  I am able to see that order is already placed with your correct address, I have also arrange NBN NCD which you need for this nbn connetion so you will receive it via post Meanwhile still you can use your ADSL2+  which have really good sync speed arund 20 Mbps as well.

Regards

JayeshP9.

gasparovic
Level 3

Thanks for your response Jayesh, although you have not addressed my query.

If I were happy with the fluctuating performance (from 0.60 to 17k/bps) of the existing ADSL2+ connection, I would not be wanting an upgrade to FTTC 50.

Can you please confirm if this installation will be completed by the required date?

Regards

Peter

JayeshP9

Hi gasparovic,

Based on NBN, your service is just for  Awaiting Device installation for NBN FTTC.  In Your case we still need NBN NCD and once you connect it then i can perform other test without that i can tell you that your installation is completed by specific date.  For  NBN from starting to  completion of installation  take upto 30 days. 

Regards

JayeshP9.

gasparovic
Level 3

Jayesh, I've just received two SMS messages.

1st - Your NBN service is awaiting activation. You're required to connect your modem. blah blah blah.

2nd - TPG: We are trying to reach you about your NBN installation ETA pls call us at 1300023575. When I call that number after the recorded message, the call is ended.

It is simply impossible to speak with anyone from your organisation.

gasparovic
Level 3

I would have thought since TPG sent the NBN technician to the wrong address. You'd be doing everything you can to have this expedited to complete the installation asap.

I was told a case manager would contact me - that did not happen!

I was already sent a modem in preparation for the first installation date - overnight I received notification that I have been charged a $10 courier fee for a modem which is being sent to me. A modem I don't need as I already have a modem. Please reverse that charge and do not send me a second modem.

Do we have a new installation date yet?