TPG Community

Get online support

NBN box not yet connected, but tpg equipment has arrived 6/1/20

gpalmer47
Level 2

Received  Modem and NCD 6/1/20. Then received text from TPG to activate. Trouble is no NBN utility box has been installed on my property even though NBN site states address is  " ready ".

3 REPLIES 3
Ahra_G

Hi @gpalmer47

Welcome to the Community! 

I've manage to locate your account using your Community details and found out that your NBN service is what we call Service Class 33. This type of class does not require a technician appointment as we provide a self install kit with NCD (NBN NCD & NBN FTTC Wi-Fi Modem (VoIP)).

All you need to do is connect the NCD to the wall socket, set up the modem, wait for at least 15mins and you should be online otherwise, let us know so we can run remote test and check the status of your connection. 

I would recommend checking out these articles on how to set up your equipment:

Please let us know how it goes. 

Regards,

Ahra_G

gpalmer47
Level 2

I am not tech savvy, and I quote from a letter from NBN. "An nbn HFC lead-in cable will be run from an overhead connection point in the street to a small nbn utility box to be installed on the outside of your property". In the 4 page letter there is no mention of a "class 33 ". Again I say how is the new fibre technology magically appearing on my property without a cable to a box attached to my house?

Ahra_G

Hi @gpalmer47

Based on the recent notes on your account, you were able to speak with one of our Case Managers and advised you of the status of the installation. 

I've also ran a quick remote test and it appears that your internet is already up and running now. Kindly confirm should you still require assistance in setting up your connection so we can have someone from our Technical team to contact and assist you. 

Thanks!