TPG Community

Get online support

NBN co didn't turn up, my senior case manager didn't give us update

amashun
Level 2

Hi guys,

we really need to get some help please, i have been a TPG customer for long time (maybe 10 years or more, both mobile and internet) and we are very happy with everything. but this time we are really struggle to get NBN install in my newly build house.

I submitted the request at the end of Novemeber, specifically told the customer rep that this is a new house, need the connection from the street to a brand new house. my builder have the wires ready and they put it next to the pit. The rep ensured that this was noted as i mentioned that a few times over the phone

so the first technician turned up, as expected, he did not have the right equipment for the job. I told him that i specifically requested to have a new connection for a new build house. i don't know why TPG sent you in.

After that TPG booked someone from NBN co on tuesday 21/12/21 to install it for us, however, the person from NBN co didn't turn up. we saw some wires were cut next to the pit so i called TPG on tuesday. The customer rep was polite and professional. explained the procedure that need to wait 24 hours before the senior case manger can contact NBN co and follow up.

So i waited till 22/12/21 to call again, i explained to the customer rep again, she was very friend and professional. help us to leave a message to the case manager Jenifer and ask her to give me a call back on the 23/12/21 regardless the result. i express my disappointment that she was not being pro-active with my case, i had to call everytime to find out what's going on. (including the booking with NBN co date) not respond to email etc

Unforunately, today, the senior case manager didn't call back so i rang TPG install hotline again. i came across this very rude customer rep, don't let me to complete my sentence and i had to ask him to calm down to listen what i want to say. He basically not interested to listen and keep telling me what he want to tell me with a rude manner. and he said he had spoken to the senior case manager and there was no update again.

so it has been a month now since i requested to have the new NBN connection install to my new place and still nothing. 

I've been living with no internet connect but keep paying for the monthly fees. (relocation) i'm feeling helpless right now if someone can help us please?

Thanks,

Adrian

3 REPLIES 3
BasilDV

Hi @amashun

Welcome to the Community!

We were able to locate your account and learned that your senior case manager has been in touch.

The planned remediation date from NBN Co has been provided due to the number of work they need to perform to install the service.

Further updates will be provided via SMS or phone call as soon as an update becomes available.

We apologise for the inconvenience.

BasilDV

amashun
Level 2

We were advise that our job was schedule for today 7/1/2022 by NBN co. However after a entire day of waiting, NO ONE turned up again. We contacted NBN Co and they gave us a very unsatisfactory response, stating vaguely that there is an issue preventing them to complete the job. But no explanation, no interim solution and path to resolution. Pretty pathethic. Just got some standard response advising us to go back to our provider.

In the end we ended up calling TGP customer service again. Which now we have been told the job is now further pushed back to the 14th Feb 2022 (6 weeks from today, and nearly 2.5 months since our original request). Apparently either parts or technicians in shortage. Also unclear and no definititive response to when the issue will be resolved. There can be potential further delays, WHO KNOWS! We probably won't know unless we chase up ourselves on the status. 

Neith TPG or NBN Co ever provides updates on the case and we constantly have to chase up. We were not offered any interim solution and have had to delay most of our installations due to lack of wifi. We need someone to provide with a solution ASAP and confirmed dates. 

This has been and still is a horrible experience. We need TGP to escalate this further. 

Shane

Hi @amashun,

Due to a provisioning issue, there has been a delay in activating your service on the NBN service management end. TPG do not have control with the installation of the service, please be assured that we are working closely with NBNCo to do the best we can to bring forward the appointment. We apologise for the inconvenience and our service delivery team will be in touch with you when update becomes available.

Regards,

We were advise that our job was schedule for today 7/1/2022 by NBN co. However after a entire day of waiting, NO ONE turned up again. We contacted NBN Co and they gave us a very unsatisfactory response, stating vaguely that there is an issue preventing them to complete the job. But no explanation, no interim solution and path to resolution. Pretty pathethic. Just got some standard response advising us to go back to our provider.

In the end we ended up calling TGP customer service again. Which now we have been told the job is now further pushed back to the 14th Feb 2022 (6 weeks from today, and nearly 2.5 months since our original request). Apparently either parts or technicians in shortage. Also unclear and no definititive response to when the issue will be resolved. There can be potential further delays, WHO KNOWS! We probably won't know unless we chase up ourselves on the status. 

Neith TPG or NBN Co ever provides updates on the case and we constantly have to chase up. We were not offered any interim solution and have had to delay most of our installations due to lack of wifi. We need someone to provide with a solution ASAP and confirmed dates. 

This has been and still is a horrible experience. We need TGP to escalate this further.