NBN connection help

SOLVED Go to solution
fnichol123
Level 2
I have chosen an NBN deal with TPG that has confirmed my address has access to the NBN through a HFC connection. I received a modem router, but see from the instructions with it that I also need a nbn connection box now. The only problem now is I don’t have a coaxial port in my apartment- I do have an old Exicom 610 adapter and old landline connection port - anyone experienced the same problem trying to connect to the nbn? And do you know what type of adapter I might need? This is super painful 😣
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Angeli

Hi @fnichol123

We'll let our Service Delivery Team know about this, so we can confirm with NBN co., if a tech visit is required to install a coaxial wall socket there. Updates will be communicated with you soon.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Angeli

Hi @fnichol123

Can you please send us a photo of your coaxial port there? 

fnichol123
Level 2
Hi, I don’t have a coaxial port for the internet or cable tv. I have an antenna port I use for my normal tv, and an exicom 610 adapter and a normal landline telephone jack. This website is not accepting my jpeg file upload? But this is what the adapter that is in my apartment looks like https://www.jaycar.com.au/adaptor-610-type/p/YT6052
david64
Level 15

Hi @fnichol123 . You can find out what NBN thinks you have. Go to www.nbnco.com.au, enter your address and click Check Residential. It should tell you the type of connection being provided and the "Service Class". This indicates the NBN status at your address.

Angeli

Hi @fnichol123

Are you able to locate a coaxial wall outlet there? There should be one since the NBN connection box was pre-installed in your premises. 

fnichol123
Level 2
Hi @Angeli, there is only the normal tv antenna. I guess when I get the nbn connection box, I can see if that works? I live in an apartment building so I’m wondering if the building has access, but no previous tenants of my apartment have used the nbn which is why I don’t have that port?
Angeli

Hi @fnichol123

We'll let our Service Delivery Team know about this, so we can confirm with NBN co., if a tech visit is required to install a coaxial wall socket there. Updates will be communicated with you soon.

fnichol123
Level 2
Thank you for your help @Angeli
Angeli

You're most welcome, keep safe!