NBN installation delays

mihaimasca
Level 3
Hi there,

My installation has been re-reschedule (the original one was supposed to take place on the 8th of February) causing a lot of frustration. I have not been notified by anyone from TPG or NBN that even the second appointment, scheduled for today 21/02 was not going to happen (as I haven't been for the first one)
It was pure luck that I rang TPG to find out who is supposed to deliver the NCD device.
It was then when I was told that the appointment cannot take place today and it was automatically re-rescheduled for th11/03. I am totally unhappy about this way of treating customers because I am working on a casual basis and I had to take time off work, which is one day missing payment. We've also lost half a day on the initial installation date, waiting for the technician with no one notifying us that it was not going to happen.
On the other hand, I have spoken to a case manager who told me that she will place a request to NBN for an earlier (than 11/03) installation. I cannot take another day off for this matter (11/03 falls on a Wednesday), and I'm wondering if anyone from TPG will notify me about the NBN response.
I am totally dissatisfied with the way this matter is being dealt with and I am seriously considering cancelling my order.
Alternatively, I am wondering if a self-installation is possible. That would save time and grief.
Please advise.
5 REPLIES 5
amotawe83
Level 2

I am not surprised with TPG installation team, 

Very lazy, Not professional Service and I will not recommend to any one of my friends or my community members.

I have the same issue, and customer service information is not true,  they are clever to collect money.

BasilDV

Welcome to the Community @amotawe83

For new services, we recommend customers to check first if their service has been installed and activated.

We have created this community article, which contains a video on How to track your TPG service installation

We also send an email notification once the service is activated.

If you have received this email and the service is still not working, we recommend to check if the equipment is properly set up and we have created setup guides for all technologies that TPG use : New Connection Setup Help

In your case, the NBN technician replaced the missing NBN NTD box, which resolved the issue.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

BasilDV

mihaimasca
Level 3
Your reply is just a waste of time and has nothing to deal with my problem. If you guys are really trustworthy you would have posted here what you have sent me as a private message.
BasilDV

Hi @mihaimasca

We regret to read that you've withdrawn your NBN order.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

BasilDV

mihaimasca
Level 3
I'm also sad because I have been a loyal TPG customer for over 10 years and I didn't expect to get such a lame treatment. Perhaps you would be able to explain, as a final courtesy gesture, how comes other providers can organize NBN installation appointments earlier than you and notify their customers upon any changes ahead of time. What upset me most is not that I am still not having my NBN connected and have been postponed twice but the fact that I have never been notified upon the changes until I have actually called you, when it is normal to be the other way around. I know that, given the size of the company, you don't care about one customer. But we started to grow.