TPG Community

Get online support

NBN installation issue unresolved

Kimelith
Level 2

I had my new NBN and modem installed 3 days ago and it is still not working. I keep getting the same error message: "your new broadband equipment needs to be automatically configured". I spoke to 5 different TPG people yesterday and it still hasn't been fixed. I am a new customer and so far this experience has made me think that this service is unreliable. When will my installation be completed? I need home wifi for work purposes and thought I had provided plenty of time to have it ready for work on Monday. Most disappointing. 

5 REPLIES 5
chloeevans
Level 2

Hi,

I am having the exact same issue. Have you had any updates or progress? I can't get ahold of anyone on the tech support line as it has an automatic hang up. My call back 'ticket' that I was told online would result with me getting a callback within 24-48 hours has also not happened. 

Everything on my modem is lit up green as if there is no issue, it is only when trying to connect a device the error message comes up about the automatic configuration. 

BasilDV

Hi @Kimelith

Welcome to the Community!

We were able to locate your account and learned that the service has been installed.

The modem/router needs to be configured with your TPG username and password for it to work.

Check this article that may help you with the manual configuration.

Let us know how it goes.

BasilDV

Kimelith
Level 2
@BasilDV I can’t get into that website address to manually configure the modem as it keeps timing out or I get an error message saying cannot open page because network connection was lost
BasilDV

Hi @chloeevans

Welcome to the Community!

We were able to locate your account and learned that the modem/router needs to be configured correctly for the service to work.

Check this article to configure the device as well.

BasilDV

BasilDV

Hi @Kimelith 

Thanks for the update.

Did you check if you are connected to the network of the modem/router?

Are you using a WiFi or a Wired connection? If via WiFi, could you try connecting via Wired if you are able to access the modem interface?

If it's still not working, are you using a MAC computer or a Windows?

Kindly check the IP address that you are getting from the modem/router to confirm if you are receiving the correct one.

BasilDV