TPG Community

Get online support

NBN installation , over 5 weeks waiting for installation onceI requested moving service.

chansik
Level 2

Hi TPG.

When I requested a moving home service in May, TPG recommened NBN and promised it would be installed and activated in 20~30days.

I've requested the moving service in 16/05/2019 and moved into new property in 01/06/2019, but the NBN has not been installed. It was supposed to be installed in 15/06/2019 (it was already SO late because I let the team know the moving date when I requested the moving service on 16/05/2019), however it was unilaterally cancelled by a call from TPG technician on 13/06/2019 without any sorry and I have not received any corresopondences for next schedule of NBN installment date since then.

How can it be so late for installation even though I request a moving service a month ago?

When will you come and install the NBN you promise? 

I wonder it is a normal process for NBN installment of TPG.

Let me know when your technician will come and install for NBN service ASAP via email.

Regards

1 REPLY 1
BasilDV

Hi @chansik ,

Welcome to TPG Community!

We apologise for the inconvenience and understand your frustrations regarding the delay in your NBN installation.

Soon all of Australia will be connected to the NBN and while in many cases there is a smooth transition we apologise that this was not your experience.
We acknowledge the complexity of certain installations which can lead to unforeseen delays and sometimes additional appointments to complete the final installation, for which all internet providers are reliant upon NBN Co.

It appears that civil work is required to install/repair the Lead-in Conduit (LIC) and cable to complete the activation of the service. This is from the underground tap in the street network to the premises. The work may involve digging or concrete cutting. This has been assigned to the NBN workforce to assess, attend and resolve the issue on-site.

We've asked the team working on this case to actively manage the connection process and to continue applying pressure to NBN Co to get as much information as possible regarding this issue.

We will continue to push for a resolution with them and you will be updated as soon as we have additional information. In the meantime, if you have any further enquiries or require general information on the matter, contact us here and we'll be sure to get this coordinated for you.

Regards,

BasilDV