TPG Community

Get online support

NBN line deactivated without my authorization - Case manager unreachable

algro108
Level 3

I recently signed up for TPG promised no downtime and if downtime will be notified.

2 days ago - I noticed my internet is down with no notification received.

When calling an enquiring after a long wait - consultant advised me that some1 cancelled the NBN line.

I asked how is possible because i didnt authorize it? They transferred me to a Case manager that was unavailable. 

When calling the next day - Waiting line again of 30 minutes

Consultant tried to check on a case manager - No availibility.

He wrote a note to contact me during the day anytime after 11am -  No reponse or call to date.

I call again today - on a waiting line - (but surprising that Case manager still unable to read his emails or note and contact me to activate the line).

This is very disappointing service, Response time is slow, waiting periods are long, and "How can you cancel a line without my authorization for something I am paying for???)

I need an urgent call back and enabling of the line as my work and business is affected and being without internet over the weekend for a case manager to just active the line again (the run around is a real inconvenience and costly on calls)

Having this unreliable product - I need a quick resolution, feedback or a rebate.

6 REPLIES 6
BasilDV

Hi @algro108

Welcome to TPG Community!

We were able to locate your account using your community details and reviewed the case.

It appears that the NBN connection or account that is registered to your location was taken by another service provider.

Did you enquire for an NBN service with a different provider?

We'll also arrange a call from our NBN provisioning team to check in case further. Please send me a PM with your preferred time and best number to be contacted.

How do I private message (PM) in the community

BasilDV

algro108
Level 3

Hello Basil DV

Thanks for the Feedback.

I only enquired and signed up with TPG being my very 1st provider - I have not started any discussion with any other provider as I just signed up with TPG as a New Customer  +-2 weeks ago.
(ie the NBN connection and Internet provider is all TPG on my name using the same address) - linked to my Phone number, email, address  

As a New customer who just signed up - shouldn't the NBN service that I paid for in full when signing up be linked to my Name/Phone number and address : (key details is name and Phone number)
Because if that was use to authorize and validate the cancellation - this would never have happened.

if a previous tenant moved their NBN service - why does it affect me since I am paying for the NBN service on my name....right?

Appreciate your feedback and update on your investigation to have this line back online with a preventive measure in place.

Thanks
BasilDV

Hi @algro108

We'll raise this with our NBN provisioning team and have someone to call you tomorrow between 9AM - 11AM to discuss this further and retrieve the service once and for all.

BasilDV

BasilDV

Hi @algro108

We understand that our NBN Provisioning team has been in touch and found out that your address is not registered with NBN Co. It is possible that they weren't advised that the unit was subdivided.

They've raised this with NBN Co and will provide you with the updates once available.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

BasilDV

algro108
Level 3

Hello

Thanks for the update - I have sent Proof of address on my name.

Hoping this can be resolved quickly [As mines is "studio 12 A" and not Unit 12A.]

Thanks

BasilDV

This is noted @algro108

Your Case manager will be in touch with you as soon as we received an update from NBN Co.

BasilDV