TPG Community

Get online support

NBN not setting up today 4/4/2020

schong2830
Level 2
I switched from TPG ADSL to TPG NBN. I received a confirmation message from TPG today that the connection service was completed. I followed the instructions and started the router. I have no connection box and hence I connected the phone wall line to DSL port on the back of the router. Four lights are on (green) - power, DSL, 2.4G n 5G except the internet light. I can’t access to internet and watch TV as the old modem is now not working too. Please fix up ASAP. Sylvia Chong
19 REPLIES 19
RajenS

Hi, 

I can see your NBN NTD is ( black box ARRIS) down. Can you see its powered? should be four lights on 

please here is there setup guide for your NBN

https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/Featured-Articles/NBN-HFC-Setup-General-Setup/ba-p/61

schong2830
Level 2
Besides the power light, there are 3 lights on. The internet light is NOT on.
david64
Level 15

Hmmm. Moderator is talking about "NBN NTD is ( black box ARRIS) " but you're saying there's nothing there. The Arris CM8200 connects by coaxial cable to a special outlet. The router connects to it using an ethernet cable.

RajenS

Hi 

I can see your NTD(NBN black box) still down 

NTD should be like this 

image.jpg

schong2830
Level 2
I don’t have a black box. I only have a white modem AC1600. No technican came on Saturday to install anything. You stopped my broadband and the NBN is not installed properly. How can I access internet. If you can’t fix it today, I need to cancel my contract and switch to other providers as at least they can provide phone and technical support to the users. Otherwise, I will complain to your CEO.
schong2830
Level 2
Hi, I don’t have a black box. I only have a white modem.
david64
Level 15

You must be on FTTN; router plugs into wall socket.

Have to check that your TPG username and password are set in the router.

The article has the steps to check this.

How to set up your TP-Link VR1600v modem  in the section For NBN FTTN & NBN FTTB

schong2830
Level 2
I don’t have internet access as this one is my work phone and very slow. Can you help me to configure to NBN FTTN
schong2830
Level 2

The phone line is connected to the DSL port.

I entered the username and password but still can't connect

However when i went to check the pppoe_ptm_2_0_d interface. the status saids DSL disabled.