NBN phone line

SOLVED Go to solution
raytheron
Level 2

Our NBN bundle was activated today. When I asked to move to the new address I was told we cannot keep the old phone number. The phone is now connected, but there is no dial tone and I suspect the old number is no longer valid, as I cannot dial it. How will I know the new number and when can I expect it?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Will

Hi @raytheron 

Thanks for providing your modem's MAC address.

I was able to make some adjustments and your phone should now be working. Please test and let me know how it goes. Take note that your phone device should be connected to the Phone1 port at the back of the modem.

Regards,

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Will

Hi @raytheron 

Welcome to the Community!

An email was sent to you today, which provides your new phone number.

I understand though that the phone doesn't seem to be working for both Incoming and Outgoing currently. We tried to troubleshoot the issue remotely, but didn't work out. We'll need your assistance in performing a reset on the modem. This will allow the modem to reconfigure and download the settings it require for the homephone to work.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

raytheron
Level 2

@Will wrote:

Hi @raytheron 

Welcome to the Community!

An email was sent to you today, which provides your new phone number.

I understand though that the phone doesn't seem to be working for both Incoming and Outgoing currently. We tried to troubleshoot the issue remotely, but didn't work out. We'll need your assistance in performing a reset on the modem. This will allow the modem to reconfigure and download the settings it require for the homephone to work.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Hi Will

I reset the modem, but the line still doesn't work.

Will

Hi @raytheron 

Thanks for getting back to us. Just to clarify, after you performed the modem reset, did you manually configure the modem settings by accessing the user interface and putting your TPG login details? What we're trying to do is get the modem to configure on its own instead of manual configuration.

In addition, can you send me a PM with the MAC address of the modem?

For your reference: How do I private message (PM) in the community

Regards,

raytheron
Level 2

Hi Will

I had to manually configure the modem settings, as I otherwise had no internet connection on my PC. Sending you a PM, too

Ray

Will

Hi @raytheron 

Thanks for providing your modem's MAC address.

I was able to make some adjustments and your phone should now be working. Please test and let me know how it goes. Take note that your phone device should be connected to the Phone1 port at the back of the modem.

Regards,

raytheron
Level 2

Thanks, Will, it's all sorted now. Bloody idiot me didn't have the phone connected to the correct port *blush*!

Will

Thanks for confirming that the homephone is already working, @raytheron.

Feel free to let us know if you have other concerns that we need to look into. Cheers!