TPG Community

Get online support

NO INTERNET CONNECTION 2nd time in a month now!!!

Murtthat
Level 2
I have only been with TPG for a month now and this is the second time I have had trouble with my internet connection!! After contacting TPG they stated they couldn't send anyone out untill Monday!! that's 5 days they are wanting me to go without internet! This is unprofessional and unacceptable! Not happy !
6 REPLIES 6
Murtthat
Level 2
Not even get a reply on here! I Certainly won't be paying for a further month once this month has expired. What a waste of money
Joseph_D

@Murtthat,

Apologies for the inconvinience, the remote test indicate possible issues with the copper cabling outside.

The previously reported issue last July was fixed after the technician found corrosion on the copper lines outside.

On cases such as yours it would require a licensed technician dispatched by our 3rd party provider NBN since the problem is with the copper lines outside.

Due to the NBN roll out, conversion and repairs on the existing copper infrastructure the earliest NBN tech appointment would be on Monday, 13 August 2018, 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM.

Kind regards,

Joseph D

minniemouse8
Level 2
I'm in exactly the same situation. Have only had NBN for 3 weeks after massive issues connecting initially. Then on 9 August, I woke up.to find that I had no internet connection all of a sudden. 2 days later and still waiting. Like you they say it must be an issue outside. Meanwhile my next door neighbour is with Telstra and she said she has never had any issues. They are telling me it could take until 14 August until a technician can investigate from NBN. That's 5 days no service. Not sure why I am paying for a full.month when I am not getting what I am paying for.
Mel_G

Hi @minniemouse8,

Apologies for the inconvenience. We have reviewed your escalated case notes and have seen that our Engineering Team was able to discuss the issue with you.

An NBN technician is scheduled to check your lines by Monday, 13th August so we can identify the main reason why you are experiencing problems with your service.

Regarding your billing concern, our Engineering team is already aware of this and will make an assessment for you once the internet issue has been resolved.

minniemouse8
Level 2
Yes and all they told me is what I already know. Basically I will have had no internet for 5 days at least and a NBN Technician will need to look at the line either Monday or Tuesday. I just don't understand why I had internet fine for 3 weeks and then overnight nothing and it takes 4-5 days to get someone to look at it. I'm guessing I have been disconnected when someone else was connected at the node. Seriously this stuff isn't rocket science and the turn around time is ridiculous. I will be seeking compensation considering I am paying upfront for something that isn't working.
Mel_G

The schedule that we have provided is the earliest date that NBN Co has given. Please understand that we rely on our 3rd party provider to check the copper lines outside.

About your issue, we're unable to determine yet what has caused this, as we need to wait for the technician's report to identify why you lost your internet service. Once we receive their report we can then have a better understanding on what occurred that resulted to your internet connection being disrupted.

Kind Regards,

Mel_G