TPG Community

Get online support

New NBN FTTN connection. VDSL synced. Internet not connected.

SOLVED Go to solution
peterrussell
Level 2

We've just been moved over from TPG ADSL to NBN FTTN.

The modem arrived, and we've plugged it all in. The DSL sync light is solid, but there is no connection being made.We have a TP-Link-VR1600v. On the advanced network status page, the DSL line status is all connected and synced at 44/20, but the internet connection isn't connecting. We've waited over an hour for any automatic configuration to occur, and have also manually tried configuring as per the instructions at

https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/Modems-and-Devices/How-to-set-up-your-TP-Link-VR1600v-modem/td-p/709

Any help would be great.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Riezl

Hi @peterrussell, we can see that our Engineering Team has been in touch and discussed the status of the case.

Please be assured that the case engineer is closely monitoring the account and will be in touch via SMS or a phone call to provide additional updates regarding the technician visit.

Should you require further assistance, feel free to drop us a message. Thank you.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Shane

Hi @peterrussell,

Welcome to the community!

If you have done the troubleshooting given in the article. I would like to arrange a call from one of our Technicians to assist you to set up your modem/router.

I used your community account details to pull up the account and I got a match. Kindly PM me your best contact number and preferred time.

Regards,

peterrussell
Level 2

Hi @Shane

The connection is at my parents' place (my name is still on the account so I can help them in times like now).

As such, it's tricky to pin down a time when I'll be in front of their computer. Having said that, I popped over there this morning, still same issue, and I called TPG's tech support. It's been determined to be an engineering issue, and it's been escalated. Tech Support believes it was jumpered incorrectly at the exchange.

Thanks.

Riezl

Thanks for letting us know, @peterrussell.

Can you PM us the ticket number so we can check the case and make a follow to ensure that a resolution will be provided as soon as possible?

Riezl

Hi @peterrussell, thanks for your PM.

We've got the account now and we can see that our Engineering Team escalated the issue to NBN Co.

We will make a follow up and will have the case engineer contact you to discuss the progression of the case.

Can you PM us your best contact number and available time to receive a call?

Riezl

Thanks for providing your contact details via PM, @peterrussell.

We'll forward this to our Engineering Team and will have the case engineer contact you to discuss the status of the case.

Riezl

Hi @peterrussell, we can see that our Engineering Team has been in touch and discussed the status of the case.

Please be assured that the case engineer is closely monitoring the account and will be in touch via SMS or a phone call to provide additional updates regarding the technician visit.

Should you require further assistance, feel free to drop us a message. Thank you.

peterrussell
Level 2

Just been informed that this has been fixed by NBN engineers. An issue was found at the Pillar.

Thanks for your help.

Riezl

No worries, @peterrussell.

Feel free to message us should you require any assistance. Cheers! Smiley Happy