TPG Community

Get online support

New NBN connection slower than DSL2

litho
Level 2

I plugged in the new 2 white NBN boxes supplied. My new NBN connection DL speed is 10.7Mbps. How come it is slower than my DSL2+ (15.2Mbps) ?.

7 REPLIES 7
BasilDV

Hi @litho 

We checked your account and understand that you were able to speak with our Tech team earlier today.

The account is registered to the Standard NBN12/1 speed tier, which has a typical evening speed of 11.1 Mbps. This information was provided to you by our Accounts team via Email with a subject line: 'TPG NBN Bundle Plan $59.99 - No Lock in ...' last 13th of November and you agreed with it.

If you are looking for more speed, then you have the option to upgrade to our best seller NBN50 speed tier, which has a typical evening speed of 43.7 Mbps.

The information on TPG NBN plans is posted on our website (https://www.tpg.com.au/nbn#section2), which you may check for further options.

Once you've decided to upgrade your NBN speed tier, then you may contact our Change of plan team on 1300 995 152 or send me a PM with your preferred time and best number to be contacted.

BasilDV

litho
Level 2

"I am sending this email to explain our recommendation. We will be upgrading your service to NBN which will provide you a more reliable and more stable Internet connection. You do not need to pay anything extra every month, it would still be on the same fee of $59.99 and we will also give you a brand new wifi modem which is at no additional cost. All you need to pay is the $10 delivery fee.
And we will still put you on a No Lock in and still waive the set up fee."

Too good to refuse!.  Latest and greatest !  Get NBN for $10 ! - Bollocks !

Where is the word 'slower' in the fine print? Now I know what Mbps means. You got me, . . a slap in the back of the head. Yea, I should of read and understood the terms, my fault.

$10 dollars ONLY! . . for a slower connection, and I signed up! . . slap me again.

Ahra_G

Hi @litho,

We understand what a frustrating experience this has been for you and is unfortunately far from the standard we expect from our service. 

I can see that you have lodged a complaint to our Customer Relations team. As part of our complaints process, a Customer Relations officer has been assigned as a sole point of contact and will be attempting to reach your contact information to discuss the concerns raised and work towards resolution.

Your assigned officer sent you an e-mail regarding your complaint last 16 December 2019. 

If you have any other query regarding your complaint, please do not hesitate to contact your the officer directly via return mail.

Regards,

Ahra_G

litho
Level 2

Please consider this matter resolved.

I'm happy and my wife is really happy with the new WiFi signal to her phone !.

Rica_R

Hi @litho,

We're glad to hear that the service has been resolved.

If you do have any outstanding issues feel free to send us message and we would be more than happy to help.

Cheers!

clarc
Level 2

settle petal, many reasons it's possible.
someone cocked up when submitting the order, or NBN Co haven't made the change, or MyNEtFone haven't changed their limiting on their end (this is important as if you burst over the limit set on NBN's end and hit their traffic policer bad things happen to throughput).

Lucky Patcher Kodi nox

Amanjay1213
Level 2

We're glad to hear that the service has been resolved.  top portable ssd