New NBN not working.

Timp
Level 2
My internet is not working again,
this is just after i recently had no internet for more than 3 weeks due to ADSL been discontinued by TPG. I finally got hold of TPG after calling Sales department because all the support lines (online and phone) not working and been numerous times on hold for more than 2 hours... after I finally got through to Sales, I have been told to upgrade to NBN another week with no internet waiting for technician and new modem to arrive, finally got connected but only to be bitterly disappointed 4 days later. Don’t know what to do now??? tried everything, and still not connected. Help please!!!
6 REPLIES 6
David_M

Hi @Timp 

Thanks for your query!

Let me have a look for you, and I will get back to you ASAP.

There is also a new ''TPG Mobile APP'' to help you with various trouble shooting and account issues, via a mobile phone app.
https://www.tpg.com.au/download

Regards,
David_M

David_M

Hi @Timp 

I can see your NBN-HFC 12/1 service is up and authenticate, but it appears to be ''throttled'' slower for some reason.

I have escalated this direct to one of our engineering guys and someone should sort it out within 24-48hrs.

regards,

David_M

Timp
Level 2
Can I please have it sorted faster!
My kids start school tomorrow from home and it is crucial that our internet is working.
Timp
Level 2
I’ve been on hold now for 3 hours and 30 minutes.
Why does no one answer????
David_M

Hi @Timp 

I found out why you are throttled. You seem to be on a 12/1 quota plan. It is not unlimited data.

You should consider upping your plan to an unlimited data 12/1 plan.

The unlimited 50/20 really is the best plan for an NBN service, but it does cost more.

You can change your plan in the self help section in your account or on the phone app.

regards,

David_M

Timp
Level 2
Hi David,

What is a 12/1 quota plan?

From what I know I was on a ADSL unlimited plan before NBN an I was upgraded to NBN on the same plan because my ADSL was not working at all because TPG deliberately cancelled ADSL so I was forced into NBN.
Now I’m having problems...