No internet access

SOLVED Go to solution
SR18
Level 2
Hi there,

The service is active and it says I am all good to use internet, I just need to plug in the modem from TPG which I received yesterday.

I have plugged the modem following carefully the step by step guide and I can't connect to internet. The only solid green light I get are for power 2.4G and 5G. Nothing else and no other lights are flashing. Note that I am not using a phone not a laptop. Only the DSL cable and power cable.
I have been paying extra for my internet with my phone and TPG already took my money for the first month but it is not even working!

Can you please advise how we can fix this issue asap?

Many thanks for your hekp!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
david64
Level 15

The cupboard above the fridge is a patch panel. The other sockets to the right of "DSL" go to the other rooms. If you have a desktop computer without wifi, you can connect the computer to a wall socket in one of the rooms, then use a short patch cable to connect the corresponding socket above the fridge to the router.

You could do the same thing with your smart TV. 

Are you using the VOIP phone service with TPG? I think you can plug the phone into a wall socket, then use a phone cable from the socket above the fridge into the "Phone 1" socket on the router.

Not sure about the round connectors in one photo. They could be for cable TV. Your estate agent or the strata managing agent may know about these.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
david64
Level 15

Hi SR18.

With FTTB working through the outlet above the fridge, how good is the wifi coverage in the unit?

Before you had NBN, how many phone outlets did you use? The router should work in any outlet where you had a phone before.

Are all these outlets the small telephone socket or the larger ethernet socket? If your unit is fairly new, those outlets may be connected to a patch panel tucked away somewhere. That would let you put the router in some other location. 

BasilDV

Hi @SR18 

Welcome to the Community!

We were able to locate your account using your community details and understand that your case has been raised to our Engineering team.

They've detected that the service is already working and the modem shows that it is online.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

BasilDV

SR18
Level 2
Many thanks for the reply. I found another wall socket to plug the ADSL cable located in a cupboard above my fridge. This socket is the only one working out of the 7 wallsockets I have. Internet is now working so it is ok but it would be great to understand why the other sockets don't work and great to be able to use them. Many thanks.
david64
Level 15

Regarding the 7 wall sockets, are they spread through the unit, like one in each room?

Could you post a picture of your router and the wall socket inside the cupboard above the fridge.

SR18
Level 2
Hi,

Yes, the 7 wall sockets are spread through the unit and I have attached an example of one of them.

See also attached picture of the wall socket in the cupboard above the fridge.

Many thanks!
david64
Level 15

The cupboard above the fridge is a patch panel. The other sockets to the right of "DSL" go to the other rooms. If you have a desktop computer without wifi, you can connect the computer to a wall socket in one of the rooms, then use a short patch cable to connect the corresponding socket above the fridge to the router.

You could do the same thing with your smart TV. 

Are you using the VOIP phone service with TPG? I think you can plug the phone into a wall socket, then use a phone cable from the socket above the fridge into the "Phone 1" socket on the router.

Not sure about the round connectors in one photo. They could be for cable TV. Your estate agent or the strata managing agent may know about these.

david64
Level 15

Last thing. Since the router is in that cupboard, it may get a bit warm. Make sure that the plastic film does not cover up any airholes for circulation.