TPG Community

Get online support

No internet connection with NBN FTTC Installation

SOLVED Go to solution
sheep
Level 2

Hi,

I am trying to get FTTC configured at my new address, but continue to have no Internet. I have checked physical setup multiple times, confirmed with TPG that my service is ready for activation, done reboots and factory resets, I have the settings set to PPPoe, VLAN ID to 2, and have tried entering my username with and without the '@tpg.com.au' ending, and confirmed my password is correct because I used it to log into the website. I have called both TPG tech support and ASUS, the manufacturer of my router, and they all don't know what the issue is. 

The WAN/Internet light on my router is off, but I don't know if this means an issue with the Internet or just my configuration.

I tried connecting via ethernet cable directly to the NBN box and connecting through my laptop, this also threw a generic error and said to check my configurations. 

I found a new troubleshooting guide, https://support.tpg.com.au/troubleshooting-nbn-fttc-no-connection, that says to check the network status on the nbn website (https://www.nbnco.com.au/support/network-status). When I enter my address, it says that "This address is not connected to the nbn network", even though TPG confirms that I am.

I am running out of ideas for things to check, and would love some advice!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
david64
Master

Hi @sheep . What is the state of the lights on the FTTC box? (4 blue lights)

NBN says your address is not connected. Does it mention a "service class"?

Can you check the address on each side of your house?

The FTTC box connects to telephone wall socket. Is there a second wall socket in your house?

What is the model of your Asus router?

VLAN ID 2 is used if you have Bundled NBN/VOIP plan even if you aren't using a phone. If you have Data Only plan, VLAN ID is not used.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
david64
Master

Hi @sheep . What is the state of the lights on the FTTC box? (4 blue lights)

NBN says your address is not connected. Does it mention a "service class"?

Can you check the address on each side of your house?

The FTTC box connects to telephone wall socket. Is there a second wall socket in your house?

What is the model of your Asus router?

VLAN ID 2 is used if you have Bundled NBN/VOIP plan even if you aren't using a phone. If you have Data Only plan, VLAN ID is not used.

sheep
Level 2

Hi, Thank you so much for the reply - it was the VLAN ID, removing it solved the issues!

alanguide
Level 7

Good to get the resolved follow-up!