No internet

Ashleyro
Level 2
I received an email telling me i need to plug in my modem to continue my insterlation. My modem is plugged in and on but still not receiving internet i have been trying to contact someone for assistance for almost a week now when i was told my internet would be running in 2 business days. Its been 6 days and still nothing! Can someone please help me or tell me whats going on
11 REPLIES 11
JayeshP9

Welcome to TPG Community,

You can private message to me your customer ID, username, service address or mobile number so i can check status here.

regards

JayeshP9

JayeshP9

Hi Ashleyro,

I need more detail about set up so can you tell me where router is connected. It require to connect at UNID-1 port of NBN NTD.

See below link for correct set up.  please also tell me which light are ON.

https://link.tpg.com.au/FTTP

regards

JayeshP9.

Ashleyro
Level 2
Modem is set up in our living room next to NBN connection is in the uni D 1 port we tried all ports but none have worked I watched an followed instruction on video i was emailed when we moved when we connect to wifi it does connect but says connected with no internet
Liftnlug
Level 2

I am having the same problem can you check our status as well, it has now been 3 days since we installed, we were told maximum timeof 24 hours and it has now been 3 days, due to Covid 19 I am working from home, my son is in Year 12 and I have a 78 year old mother living with me, I need internet ASAP.

JayeshP9

Hi Ashleyro,

I believe you have Netcomm NF12 router If you different router then let me know model number. Please tell me which lights  are ON on router.

Follow below steps for manual configuration of  NF12 router.

1. Open your browser and in the address bar type http://192.168.1.1 and press Enter.

2. Enter admin for both the username and password and click Login. If you have changed the login credentials, please enter the current username and password for your modem interface.

3. Click on Basic Setup on the left side of the screen. The wizard assists you in configuring the router

4. Enter your TPG Username (User ID) and Password. Click Next.

The Enable Wireless option is selected by default.

Default Settings:

SSID: TPGXXXXXX
Network Authentication: WPA2-PSK
WPA/WAPI passphrase: a1b2c3d4e5
WPA Group Rekey Interval:0
WPA/WAPI Encryption: AES

You can change your wireless password under WPA/WAPI passphrase Click Next.

see below link as well

https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/Modems-and-Devices/How-to-set-up-Netcomm-NF12-modem-for-Windows-10/m...

regards

JayeshP9.

JayeshP9

Hi Liftnlug,

I believe you have NBN FTTC service so can you tell me how's you set up and  if anything else connected to any other socket then please disconnect it,  I suggest better to use  socket where previosuly ADSL modem was connected make sure to disconnect phone or splitter and connect NBN NCD directly to wall socket using linecord because currently your nbn device is not detecting here. please tell which light are ON for NBN NCD as well.

regards

JayeshP9.

Ashleyro
Level 2
I have attached image of my router to show what lights are on
Ashleyro
Level 2
I attempted to load what you asked but does not work from my phone
JayeshP9

Hi Ashleyro

Can you connect yellow cable from UNID-1of NBN NCD  to Blue port of router which called WAN because currently its connected to LAN1.

Are you able to connect your wireless network ( WiFi) from your phone?

regards

JayeshP9.