PAYMENT

scottchensh
Level 2

Hi,

Why would TPG make is so difficult for us new users to set up our accounts? 

We are just normal people but not criminals! Why does TPG want to verify this and very that before you activate our connection????

9 REPLIES 9
Ahra_G

Hi @scottchensh

TPG Telecom has comprehensive processes and procedures in place to securely store customer data and protect it from unauthorised use, access, modification or disclosure. These include implementing both physical and electronic security measures such as data encryption.

More info can be found here: Multi-Factor Authentication at TPG

Feel free to let us know if there's anything we can assist you with. 

Thanks! 

Ahra_G

scottchensh
Level 2

Hi,

But you have gone too far, why would you take such a long time to process my payment via direct debit? while you ask me to change my payment method to a credit card which will be faster to get the connection done, however, that is very difficult to do so as you have set up too much red tape!

Ahra_G

Hi @scottchensh,

Payment using direct debit takes 3-4 business days to be posted as oppose to payments done via credit card which is real-time.

-Ahra_G

scottchensh
Level 2

Real-time?

What a joke... any difference? 

I have changed my payment method to a credit card online, but your page still asked me to call your team to switch my payment method from direct debt to a credit card!

Another joke is your staff over the phone sent me an email with a link to update my preferred payment, but she had made a mistake to update my direct debit, but not my credit card! It seems that your training quality is terrible!

BasilDV

Hi @scottchensh

We'd like to check on this further and see what we can do to correct this.

Shoot me a PM with your TPG username or customer ID number.

BasilDV

F42
Level 2
Level 2

Hi Scott, You've got it good. I've been with TPG for over 10 years (slow internet, usage caps, questionable customer service, I should've cancelled years ago). For the past few weeks I've been trying to change a payment method so as my bank does not cancel the offer of a homeloan for still having a credit card being used (recurring payments, TPG can take their money even though I closed the Credit Card).  Couldn't access my account, password was wrong (not been changed) so I reset it, suddenly TPG don't have phone numbers that I'd spent over 3 hours providing in 2019, so login is denied and won't be granted until TPG has my phone number.  Amongst other calls and emails, I spoke to customer service (quite disrespectful, called me dear, when politely asked "please don't call me dear" there was a distinct change in tone & help)  she won't check for the history of the phone numbers nor add one nor change payment. Why should they be any help? It doesn't matter to them if I am homeless and bankrupt (which I will be, as I won't have the home loan, but will still have the obligation of buying the home) as they have the cancelled credit card and the ability to keep charging it!  She deigned to send me an email itemising all the details TPG needs to enable any change on the account. Drivers licence, selfies of me holding same, various other info, all of which should not be sent via (what the governement tells us is insecure) email. Having no other choice, I sent the information. Her email stated that contact would occur between 24 and 48 hours, of course after a week still nothing and payment is scheduled for the 19th November!  Scott, If you are still in your cooling off period, I suggest you run.     

BasilDV

Hi @F42

We are here to help turn your experience around.

In order to have a better understanding of the situation, please shoot me a PM with your TPG username or customer ID number.

BasilDV

paulpaner
Level 2

omg same thing happend to me !!! 

kodi nox 

Angeli

Hi @paulpaner

Let us know as to how we can be of help and send us a private message with your TPG account details.

How do I private message (PM) in the community

Regards, 

Angeli