TPG Community

Get online support

Phone line is not working, but internet is connected

SOLVED Go to solution
suzchan
Level 2

I got NBN installation on 5 April, 2019.  Internet is working fine but phone line is not working since then.

I have tried to connect the phone to Phone 1 port and Phone 2 port of the modem, but both are not working.

I have also tried to switch off the modem, then restart again, but it's still not working.

I tried to use different handset, it is not working too.

Please help me to get my phone line connected.

Regards,

Suzchan

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Shane

Hi @suzchan,

We ran an initial test to your service and it shows no issue, the home phone service should be working please confirm if you're able to make a test call.

Cheers!

View solution in original post

suzchan
Level 2

Hi there,

We just found out that our phone line is now working.

Thanks again for your help.

suzchan

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Riezl

Hi @suzchan,

Welcome to TPG Community!

We have located the account using your community details.

We can see that there's an issue with the service activation and this is possibly the reason why the home phone service is still not working.

This has been escalated to our Provisioning Team and they are coordinating this matter with NBN Co.

We will make a follow up and will have the case manager contact you before 6PM NSW time to discuss the matter.

Let us know should you have a preferred contact number and time. Thank you.

suzchan
Level 2

Hi Riezl,

Thanks for your reply. 

Actually I received a phone call from one TPG staff a few days ago explaining to me that our NBN installation on 5/4/2019 was not completed yet.  That's why our phone line is not working for the time being.  She then arranged a new NBN installation date for us on 23/4/2019 8AM to 12PM.  Hope the problem will be solved on 23/4. 

So for the time being, it is no need for you and your team to follow the case for me.  Thanks a lot for your help!

suzchan

Shane

Hi @suzchan,

We will keep an eye on your NBN service installation. In case you will have queries about the installation feel free to write a message on this thread.

Cheers!

suzchan
Level 2

Hi there,

We need your help again!  A technician came to install nbn again this morning.  He said the installion job was finished around 10:00 am and asked us to conect the modem to the nbn connection box one hour later.  We did all the connection at 11:00 am.  One again, internet is working but the phone line is still not working.  We than wait for more than 4 hours, the phone line is still not working!  Would you please follow this for us?

Regards,

suzchan

Shane

Hi @suzchan,

We ran an initial test to your service and it shows no issue, the home phone service should be working please confirm if you're able to make a test call.

Cheers!

suzchan
Level 2

Hi there,

We just found out that our phone line is now working.

Thanks again for your help.

suzchan

Shane

Hi @suzchan,

We are glad to know that your home phone is now working, have a lovely day. Cheers!

adsl98ky
Level 2

Hi,

I have the same issue. Just tried it today and no phone.

Regards

Wayne

Will

Hi @adsl98ky

Welcome to the Community!

Thanks for raising this with us. I was able to check your account using your community details. It seems like the trouble with the phone may need to be raised to our Engineering Team for further investigation. However, can I confirm if you have reset (using the reset button at the back) the modem already? If not, can you perform a reset?

Let me know once it's done or if you have previously performed the reset.

Regards,