TPG Community

Get online support

Phone line is not working, but internet is connected

SOLVED Go to solution
fredmu
Level 2

I got NBN installation on 3 May, 2019.  Internet is working fine & the phone line has been working since then. However, late last week after the 10th Decemeber, 2020, the phone has ceased working. There is a dial tone but we are unable to make & receive any phone calls.

To resolve the matter, I have tried to connect the phone to both Phone 1 port and Phone 2 port of the modem, but both are not working.I have also tried a different handset, but also is not working.

I have also rebooted the modem manually & using the Modem software, but it's still not working. 

I tried to use different handset, it is not working too.

Please help me to get my phone line connected. Regards ....Fred

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Ahra_G

Hi @fredmu

For customers experiencing any issues with their service, we recommend the best thing to do first is check if there's an outage.

Check our Service Status page for any known outages. - https://www.tpg.com.au/support/servicestatus

If you're on NBN, we have created this article that can guide you on How to Check for NBN Network Outage 

We realised that you have a Dial Tone on your homephone but we would still recommend to check the steps on this link: Troubleshooting No Dial Tone - TPG Home Phone/Voice Service 

Nonetheless, I have raised the issue to our Engineering Team for further investigation. Please ensure to leave the modem connected and turned on for remote testing purposes. 

We'd appreciate if you can also provide us with an alternative contact number via private message (preferably a mobile number) while we investigate the issue. 

Updates will be provided via phone call or SMS. 

Regards,

Ahra_G

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Ahra_G

Hi @fredmu

For customers experiencing any issues with their service, we recommend the best thing to do first is check if there's an outage.

Check our Service Status page for any known outages. - https://www.tpg.com.au/support/servicestatus

If you're on NBN, we have created this article that can guide you on How to Check for NBN Network Outage 

We realised that you have a Dial Tone on your homephone but we would still recommend to check the steps on this link: Troubleshooting No Dial Tone - TPG Home Phone/Voice Service 

Nonetheless, I have raised the issue to our Engineering Team for further investigation. Please ensure to leave the modem connected and turned on for remote testing purposes. 

We'd appreciate if you can also provide us with an alternative contact number via private message (preferably a mobile number) while we investigate the issue. 

Updates will be provided via phone call or SMS. 

Regards,

Ahra_G