Port allocation issue

namnguyen82
Level 3
Ive had a port allocation issue for the past month. Tpg has advised me that they cannot install the service due to ports avaliable even though the sales rep confirmed avaliability of thr fttb service.

Tpg have advised they are in negotiations with the body corporate to update the framework and waiting on approval.

I have contacted my building manager with the issue and they said approval has already been given.

Can someone shed some light on this?

Nam
9 REPLIES 9
BasilDV

Hi @namnguyen82,

I understand that we've been talking on the other thread. Let’s keep the conversation under the same thread so we can best assist you.

Kind regards,

namnguyen82
Level 3

Sounds good.

namnguyen82
Level 3
Any updates on this?
Mc_Gerald

Hi @namnguyen82,

I was able to get hold of the case manager who contacted you earlier and I was told that the physical installation for the equipment upgrade has already been completed and we are now working on the programming aspect so we can start accepting orders for the new ports.

I'll send a follow-up email to our service delivery team and will seek for the latest update on the programming. I will update you within the next 24 hours on the progress.

Thanks!

Mc

namnguyen82
Level 3
Thank you.

Appreciate the update.
Mc_Gerald

Glad to help, @namnguyen82!

Mc_Gerald

Hi @namnguyen82,

Hope you're doing well. Our service delivery team is still working on your matter. Your case manager will contact you as soon as we get an update on this case.

Kind regards,

Mc

namnguyen82
Level 3
After almost two months of port allocation issues, the service has been finally connected. Im ecstatic to report some serious upload and download speeds. Ive yet to see it drop below 88 dl and 38up.

Though the process hasnt been without its drama. I had to take it upon my self to provide and act as a medium between the tpg sales/ the body corporate and the moderators on the community to get the installation complete.

The tpg moderators have been very helpful and provided me with real updates regarding the process which i had to drive. On the other hand the tpg sales team and my case manager where almost useless in communicating delivery times and updates.

After a lengthy and sometimes frustrating road the service is now active and so far has surpassed my expectations. Thank god.
Riezl

We are glad to know that the service is properly working, @namnguyen82.

Should there be any issues, feel free to drop us a message. Cheers!