Router settings

Pieceinc
Level 2
Gday guys

I had to reset my router but before I did I took screenshots of the settings
Now I cannot get my router to connect to the nbn with the same settings

I’ve lodged faults and they keep getting ticked off as complete. I’ve also emailed a million times and I get the auto response to say we will contact within 4 hours…… never happens. Pretty frustrated
8 REPLIES 8
david64
Level 15

Hi @Pieceinc . What type of NBN connection do you have? What lights are lit on nbn box, if you have one?

And what lights on the router? What model router?

You can check for network outage on NBN and TPG websites.

Settings are PPPoE, username + @tpg.com.au and password. And VLAN ID=2 if not fttp.

Pieceinc
Level 2
Hello. I have FTTC. All lights are on for the nbn modem (lab light flashing)
I have Archer VR 1600v
Internet light is not on the router
There are no outages in my area
Those are the settings in using
david64
Level 15

@Pieceinc . Can you check the VR1600 system log.  Are there any PPP messages with    ppp3 sent   or   ppp3 rcvd    ?

DHCP messages are ok. VOIP don't mean anything unless the log is completely full of them.

Pieceinc
Level 2

Attached is the system log

david64
Level 15

@Pieceinc . Looks like problem at TPG end. You are connected to NBN on your end.

Pieceinc
Level 2
Any idea how to get TPG to actually respond? I’ve been pretty disappointed with the customer service or lack there of
david64
Level 15

@Pieceinc . They might respond this afternoon.

You could do a new one now. Your original plus what lights are showing or missing; you've checked outages; correct settings; include picture of system log.

Shane

Hey, Pieceinc

Let us have a look and see what causing issues to the service. Send us your detaisl (Username/Customer ID together with the address on file). 

How do I private message (PM) in the community

Regards,

Gday guys

I had to reset my router but before I did I took screenshots of the settings
Now I cannot get my router to connect to the nbn with the same settings

I’ve lodged faults and they keep getting ticked off as complete. I’ve also emailed a million times and I get the auto response to say we will contact within 4 hours…… never happens. Pretty frustrated
Hello. I have FTTC. All lights are on for the nbn modem (lab light flashing)
I have Archer VR 1600v
Internet light is not on the router
There are no outages in my area
Those are the settings in using