SELF INSTALLATION

Mikemack1
Level 2

Hi, I just signed up for nbn at a property I purchased and due to take possession of on 4 March. This was clearly articulated at the time of signing up along with stating I wanted the modem sent to my city address. Also, as it is a holiday unit I am not going to be there every week.

As the technology used in the area is FTTN - using existing copper pairs (ie phone line) and the units are only 20 years old and all are cabled, I can't see why I can't do self install. I should add that I received an email stating that a tech will turn up on 21 Feb to install. (note I advised I don't take possession until 4 March) 

I'm assuming the modem is pre-configured for my account, but it is not difficult to do this if it is note.

Anyone had a similar experience?

Mike

3 REPLIES 3
BasilDV

Hi @Mikemack1

Welcome to TPG Community!

We are unable to choose an installation date as it will be given automatically by NBN Co. after assessing the location to make sure that a right technician will be sent.

In the email notification that we've sent, there's an instruction on how to reschedule or request for a later date of installation of your service.

Please check the email again to move your installation date.

BasilDV

Mikemack1
Level 2

With respect, your post contradicts itself. On one hand you state I can't select an install date, but then direct me to the email to reschedule. You have not really answered my question and find your response a bit condescending. Perhaps you should read my post again! I DID go back to the email

@BasilDV wrote:

Hi @Mikemack1

Welcome to TPG Community!

We are unable to choose an installation date as it will be given automatically by NBN Co. after assessing the location to make sure that a right technician will be sent.

In the email notification that we've sent, there's an instruction on how to reschedule or request for a later date of installation of your service.

Please check the email again to move your installation date.

BasilDV

as you can see from my attached photo. BUT as you can see I can't reschedule later than the 27 February and if you read my post you will see that I don't take possession of the property until 4 March. So I will be interested in your response.713887E6-48A5-4080-8727-C44C4C32E90D.png

Riezl

Apologies, @Mikemack1.

We'll review your previous interaction with our staff as part of our ongoing effort to provide the best possible customer service and we'd be dealing with the matter internally.

It's true that the modem is pre-configured and it's  plug and play. However, your address is classified by NBN Co. as Service Class 11. which means that it is NBN Fibre to the Node (FTTN) serviceable, but the node is not yet connected to the premises and the status of the copper pair is unknown/incomplete. This is the reason why an NBN technician is required.

We understand that the possession of the property will not happen until March 4,2020 and we apologise if the installation date has been booked earlier than expected.

We can see that you have tried to reschedule it on a later date, but what you see online is correct and this is the current available installation date that NBN Co. has provided to us.

Nonetheless, we'll coordinate this with our Provisioning Team and we'll do our best to reschedule the installation appointment. Can you PM us your preferred installation date?

With regard to the modem delivery address, please also PM us your preferred delivery address so we can double check.

To send a PM, please refer to this link: How do I private message (PM) in the community