TPG Community

Get online support

Still without internet connection 4 weeks after signing up

sxyan1990
Level 2

Signed up with TPG NBN 4 weeks ago and was billed for another 69, but so far, I haven't even started using the internet. Took slightly less than a week to activate my connection, another week to figure out what is wrong with the internet connection and more than 2 weeks to get NBNCo to fix the serial number mismatch. TPG customer support have been very polite throughout, but, eventually, all I ask is for my network to be up and running. So far, I've spent $105 to purchase addtional mobile data, and the longer I have to wait, the more I have to pay. That's a total of $174. Could you get me a bill adjustment?

12 REPLIES 12
Riezl

Hi @sxyan1990,

Welcome to TPG Community!

We have located the account using your community details and we can see that this issue has been escalated to our Provisioning Team.

We will make a follow up and will have the case manager contact you to discuss the status of the case.

We will also advise the case manager to assess a billing adjustment as soon as the issue is resolved.

Should you have a preferred contact number and time, please send it via private message. Thank you.

Riezl

Hi @sxyan1990, we can see that our Provisioning Team has been in touch and discussed the status of the case.

NBN Co. has advised that the issue has been escalated to higher level management for further investigation.

Please be assured that our Provisioning Team is closely monitoring the case and the case manager will be in touch as soon as new updates become available.

Should you have further queries, please let us know.

sxyan1990
Level 2

Hi @Riezl, I've been looking through the forum and the internet regarding this issue. It seems like this issue isn't all that difficult to fix. All it takes is a database fix, you don't need eletricians or technicians to come down. It may just be another day at work for you, but, for me, every single day without the network, is a day I've to sustain my data usage with my mobile data. Purchasing extra data is very expensive. As a student, I don't have the luxury of cash to burn away. Honestly, I'm extremely desperate here. I understand this is NBN Co's issue, but, I would greatly appreciate if you can chase them to make this simple fix. If you need any more information from me, I'll gladly provide, otherwise, there is no need to call me. Just help me get it fixed, please.

Mc_Gerald

Hi @sxyan1990,

My sincerest apologies for the ongoing issues with the activation of your service. We've managed to check the latest update on your escalated case and it shows here that your issue has been escalated to the NBN Co's higher management. I will send a follow-up request to the case manager handling your case and will request for a call back tomorrow to discuss this further.

Kindly wait for the call from our service delivery team tomorrow, Tuesday 28/August/2018 anytime between 9:00AM - 11:00AM AEST.

Regards,

-Mc

Erika

Hi @sxyan1990

I understand that one of our Case Managers has tried to get in touch but it seems that you've missed their call. 

Let us know your best contact time and number via Private Message and we'll rearrange this for you.

For your reference, please view this link on How do I private message (PM) in the community.

Cheers, 

sxyan1990
Level 2

I waited patiently since the last time I contacted you roughly 3 weeks ago, now, after being billed for another $69.99 and still unable to connect, I'm done waiting. Apparently, this mismatch of serial number issue isn't uncommon, so I contacted NBNCo on Facebook previously about this. They said I had to solve the issue through TPG and that this service is provided to TPG 24hours a day, 7days a week. Yet, after 2months and a total of $210 (3*$69.99) paid to you, there is still no progress. You have two more weeks before I contact the ombudsman. No one likes to keep paying for a service that isn't delivered.

Also, don't call me, instead, email me if you have updates or need more information.

Ahra_G

Hi sxyan1990

We truly apologise for the inconvenience caused. I will certainly chase this with the assigned Case Manager and inform him that you'd only wish to be contacted thru email for any updates available. 

Should you have further queries, please don't hesitate to let us know. 

Thank you. 

Ahra_G

Hello sxyan1990,

I realised that this matter has been long overdue and we truly apologise for the inconvenience this is causing you. We have escalated this matter with an utmost priority to our wholesale partner, NBN Co. 

Rest assured that we will continue to monitor the progress of this case and to keep in touch to provide further updates. 

Thank you. 

Mc_Gerald

Hi @sxyan1990,

Hope you're doing well. We've heard back from the nbn Co escalations team and we've been advised that they are currently experiencing issues at your location and we have multiple customers being affected by the NTD mismatch issue. Our service delivery team is working closely with the nbn Co escalations management and we have assigned a dedicated complaint resolution case manager to monitor the progress of this case and contact you for any pertinent updates. 

We understand the importance of your service and we sincerely apologise for the inconvenience.

Regards,
Mc