TPG Community

Get online support

Technician did not show up for installation

ml888
Level 2

This is the experience I would like to share.

My appointment was booked for today 24/12/2018 (1 to 5pm) for which I was reminded by TPG many times.

I took a day off from work and cancelled all my xmas eve celebration for this to be done . The whole day passed and nobody showed up and I received NO phone call nor email nor text message for why was so.  

I made a few calls to call centre and they kept saying tecnician would come as they did not receive change message from NBN. 

Call centre finally texted me after 6pm and said I had to call them back to reschedule and stated no reason. Worst still I have to queue again and next available is 22/1/2019. So I have to wait for another MONTH.

This business practice of no show and no message is totally unacceptable and putting customer back to the beginning of the queue for no reason for another month is absolutely insane.

Is there a way TPG could provide a better service to the customer? or this is the best TPG could offer?

5 REPLIES 5
Riezl

Hi @ml888,

Welcome to TPG Community!

We install thousands of NBN services successfully and we're sorry to know that this was not your experience.

We know how this can be frustrating and we apologise for the inconvenience this delay causing you.

We value you as our customer and we would like to check what can be done to turn this experience around.

We have located the account using your community details and we can see that you have been in touch with our Provisioning Team. A ticket has been raised to NBN Co. regarding the new appointment and we will make a follow up if this can be rescheduled to an earlier date.

This issue has been escalated to our Provisioning Team and we'll have a case manager contact you before 1PM today NSW Time to further discuss the matter.

Should you have a preferred contact number and time, please send it via private message. Thank you.

Riezl

Hi @ml888, we can see that your concern has been escalated to our Complaints Resolution Team and the case manager has been in touch today.

Should you have further queries, you can contact the case manager directly via return mail.

Let us know if we can be of any assistance. Thank you

ml888
Level 2

Hi,

I was arranged by TPG for a second appointment with NBN co for an installation on 22nd Jan 2019 (almost a month after the first appointment they did not show up).

After all the promises and nice words saying case manager would look after me on that day, the outcome was the same - NO SHOW.

This is the second time I took a day off from work and make sure I could meet the technician. Despite all the communication with TPG from 1 pm to 5pm, all I had was lip services and totally frustration.

I did mention that if that no show happened again, I would cancel the order and the call centre consultant agreed that in the evening on 22nd Jan 2019 about 17h30. They said a case manager would give me a call next day to assist in cancelling the order. As expected, nothing happened.

Would you please let us know when will TPG contact me for me to return the modem and sort out the exit process? I even sent out a email to cancel and there is no reply after 2 days.

I would like to share my experience with everyone as it is a very frustrating and disgraceful one for us.

Do I need to go to fair-trading to resolve this?

Riezl

We apologise for the lack of contact received and for the inconvenience this issue has caused you, @ml888.

We'll make a follow up with our Complaints Resolution Team and will make sure that the case manager will be in touch on Monday, 28/January/2019 before 5PM NSW Time to discuss the matter.

BasilDV

Hi @ml888,

We understand that your case manager has been in touch and an agreement to resubmit the NBN order has been processed. The standard lead time is 2 to 30 calendar days.

She will be monitoring the case and will provide updates once available.

Should you require further assistance, please let us know.

Kind regards,

BasilDV