TPG Community

Get online support

Technician didn't connect the socket to NBN nor installed any socket

Bottega
Level 2

The technician who installed NBN didn't install any socket nor he connected the NBN line to the existing socket (he just checked the wires in the derivation box) he said he's not supposed to do so while on all your documents it seems that unless there are unusual technical problems this is what they should do.

I asked where am I supposed to connect the router TPG sent me, he said it's not his problem, ask TPG. Spent half an hour on the phone, bounced from one manage to another, waited a long time on the line to no avail.

What am I supposed to do now?

4 REPLIES 4
Shane

Hi @Bottega,

I was able to locate your account using your community details and seen that you have been in contact with one of our Technicians and this has been raised to our Engineering Team for investigation.

I chased this up with them and request for immediate feedback. Assessment may take 24hrs and updates will be provided via SMS or phone call by the assigned Engineer.

Tell me should you require further assistance.

Bottega
Level 2

Problem solved, but not as expected.

Another technician came and said to me that they won't connect the line to the main socket, they do this only in residential houses but since this is a shop they won't do it. It would have been nice to know it before deciding to switch, it's almost a week we are without phone and can't take takeaway orders, and now we have to spend a few hundred dollars to just connect two wires inside the same mainframe box.

BasilDV

Hi @Bottega,

Thank you for the update. I'll notify our Engineering team to check the report from the NBN technician that visited your premises.

Your experience is important to us and will keep a close eye on your case and provide updates once available.

Kind regards,

BasilDV

BasilDV

Hi @Bottega,

Our Engineering team would like to discuss this further. Please shoot me a PM with your preferred time and best number to be contacted?

Kind regards,

BasilDV