Technician no show

mdakers99
Level 2
Hi TPG team,
(Reposting as I accidentally posted on the wrong forum channel)

I’m waiting on a call back now with your phone support team however now reading about this issue from other customers I figured making a post may also be beneficial to my installation process.

Initially we had issues as TPG (and most other providers as well) were unable to identify my address as were block B not apartment B.

Regardless, was happy to wait for the state level team to handle the case. Initially started the process around the 12-13th of December and have been through a couple of ( irrelevant to this issue) hurdles.

Come today, we’ve been waiting nearly a month for internet and have nearly maxed all our phone data plans.

Our installation appointment was booked today, Sunday the 9th between 9am and 12pm.

Unfortunately no contact with any technicians have been received. After reading similar posts (recent and older) I see this appointment today may be either cancelled or not followed through.

I hope (fingers crossed) that the technician is either just having a rough day and is running behind.

As such just looking for clarification on my installation update as I’m desperate to be able to use my computer and other network essential utilities.

Thanks for any support and clarification!

Morgan
5 REPLIES 5
mdakers99
Level 2
Update: spoke to the lovely people using the phone service and they were able to help provide a bit of clarification.

They’ll be getting in contact with the NBN technician and he will contact me today to confirm via mobile.

Despite missing the morning session ( admittedly it’s also the holiday season so I understand) they confirmed they would speak to the technician ensure the earlier appointment would completed today. If not in the time frame (which has been already missed), sometime later this afternoon.

As such, will keep this post up till resolved but seems like it’s in the process of being sorted!

Thanks again,
Morgan
mdakers99
Level 2
Update 2:
NBN co technician arrived 3:30pm and unfortunately was unable to resolve the issue and sent me back to speak to my provider (TPG) today. As such, tpg have now booked a second installation appointment in a weeks time on the 18th of January.

I understand the nbn delays and everything however ill be without internet now for over a month. The customer service I’ve spoken to are all quite lovely but the waiting times for appointments and technicians is appalling.

Otherwise- just have to wait for the next appointment and hope this will be resolved then.

(13th December - 18th January is the wait time for NBN fttn 50 mbps)
BasilDV

Hi @mdakers99

Welcome to the Community!

We were able to locate the account and learned that a new schedule has been booked.

The information has been sent to your Email and further updates will be provided by your case manager.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

BasilDV

mdakers99
Level 2
Hi BasilDV

Yes, a second technician appointment has been made in another week now on the 18th of January.

Due to the time length I was hopping there was flexibility to bring the installation appointment earlier as I’m currently attempting to work from home due to my work becoming a covid exposure location (I’m fine and was not affected).

My phone data is crying at the abuse I’m putting it through.

BasilDV

Hi @mdakers99

We understand the importance of your service.

Currently, that's the earliest available schedule from NBN Co as it depends on the availability of the technician in the area.

Further updates will be provided by your case manager as soon as it becomes available.

BasilDV