TPG Community

Get online support

Terribly Customer Service

shazzy1973
Level 3
New to TPG as i was referred and i have had nothing but slow communication or should i say no returned calls or replies to my problem with my service (which might i add is not working) made multiple calls multiple online chats and still to no avail! Called for the 5th time today and was told i need an nbn tech - well why hadnt someone organised this rather than send me text msgs to say my activation is nearly complete switch on my modem! No where near complete its not even working! Had Maree or Maria apparently who was suppose to be a case manager but not my case manager who advised i would now have to wait another week for a tech to visit! My question was why didnt someone from faults contact me to tell me this but no they classed my fault as resolved when in fact no one had done anything to rectify! Had advised i will be going to ombudsmen and was told i am within my right no offer to expedite the fault to try and fix ASAP! Is this the kind of service i can expect from TPG? Disheartened! I work from home and rely on my internet connection and had it organised where i would have internet when i moved in for that to be totally incorrect!
3 REPLIES 3
David_M

Hi @shazzy1973 

Thanks for your query!

Let me have a look for you, and I will get back to you ASAP.

There is also a new ''TPG Mobile APP'' to help you with various trouble shooting and account issues, via a mobile phone app.
https://www.tpg.com.au/download

Regards,
David_M

shazzy1973
Level 3
Thanks

I have placed 2 faults both saying resolved LIKE REALLY? Resolved?

Someone is definately not doing their job properly are they?
David_M

Hi @shazzy1973 

I can confirm an NBN appointment is booked for Weds 1/7 1-5pm for you.

NBN installs/relocation can take between 2-30days.

What sometimes happens is this. We generate an order to the NBN and they action it.

Sometimes NBN ''liven'' up an existing path, or a path they assumed works to your coax socket (you are going on to NBN-HFC). In quite a few cases, the path the say hasnt worked before, has gone faulty or be re allocated to someone else. Previous users at addresses sometimes take the NCD and other unknown issues arise.

We can only take NBN on face value. They spend a week or so to liven up the service and tell us such. We then find out it doesnt work due to reasons above or others, and we trouble shoot that. 

Worse case situations, we have to lodge a fault BACK to NBN and then wait for them to allocate to their field techs.

Its unfortunate, but it happens.

It should all work great once NBN can straighten out the install complications.

Regards,

David_M