TPG Community

Get online support

Transferring phone line to TPG

ABFC
Level 3
Hi,
I am moving to a home office setup. Can I transfer an existing phone number from another isp to my existing TPG connection? I currently have a number connected which I do not use.
8 REPLIES 8
Shane

Hi @ABFC ,

The porting or transferring of home phone numbers can only be done during point-of-sale. But you have the option to perform a call forwarding from the Office phone number on your home phone. Let us know should you require further assistance.

Regards,

ABFC
Level 3
Hi Shane,

Thanks for your reply.

So because I am already a TPG customer I can not transfer my other phone number (different isp) to my current TPG account, but the other isp can transfer it if I cancel my TPG service?
Shane

Hi @ABFC

I would like to clarify if you wish to port/replace a new phone number (From work) on your existing TPG account. If so, send me your account details and the home phone number that you wish to port and we'll raise this with our Provisioning Team.

Regards,

Hi @ABFC ,

The porting or transferring of home phone numbers can only be done during point-of-sale. But you have the option to perform a call forwarding from the Office phone number on your home phone. Let us know should you require further assistance.

Regards,

ABFC
Level 3
Hi Shane,

You step in and stop this please. The other guy (Basil) has taken over and stuffed me around. I did not want my phone line changed over at all, I was enquiring whether it could be done. It’s an active number for my current business and I need it for my continuity of business. Please stop this ASAP.
BasilDV

Hi @ABFC

Hope you read my PM.

Our Porting team contacted your current provider to reject the Porting request that was sent by us.

We'll monitor your account and provide updates once available.

BasilDV

ABFC
Level 3

Hi,

I now have a charge on my credit card! 

This service has been appalling.

Can you please sort his out ASAP!

ABFC
Level 3
Hi,

If I wanted to port my work number to my TPG account how long will it take?

Kind regards,
Anthony
BasilDV

Hi @ABFC

The porting may take 1 to 5 working days.

BasilDV