TPG Community

Get online support

Trying to get some answers with a NBN installation

SOLVED Go to solution
Waiting4NBN
Level 2

I cant get any way forward for an installation. The install is at a house within a Retirement Village that now has a node.

TGP and NBN cannot agree on the location ID to get the install happening

I cant get anything but request a callback from a TPG Senior Case Manager, but dont get any call backs. I think the install is too hard for TPG

Anyone have any ideas how I can get some info and get something happening. NBN say TPG issue. TPG saying its NBN issue - Issue is no NBN service

Anyone tried the TIO?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Waiting4NBN
Level 2

* We have Success * We are now connected. We connected as per instructions/video. The provided modem connected on 1st powerup and within a few minutes the VOIP was active. We have tested and everything is working great - wow so painless.

Thankyou all here in the community and in the TPG provisioning team, lots of good communication in the end which really helped.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Will

Hi @Waiting4NBN 

I'm sorry to learn about the struggle you're experiencing to get the NBN service installed. I can only imagine how frustrating the entire ordeal is for you. Please allow us to check your account so we can better understand the case and see what's required to get your service installed.

We tried to pull up your records using your Community details, but we're unable to find a match. Can you PM us your customer ID or username along with your service address?

For your reference: How do I private message (PM) in the community

Regards,

Will

Will

Thanks for providing your account details via PM, @Waiting4NBN 

We have already requested for the assigned Provisioning Case Manager to contact you today between 1-2PM WA on the mobile number we have on file.

In addition, we have escalated your issue to our dedicated complaint handling department; TPG customer relations. As part of our complaints process, a Complaints resolution case manager will be assigned as a sole point of contact and will be attempting to reach you on your contact information to discuss the concerns raised and work towards resolution.

Waiting4NBN
Level 2
Thanks Will. I'll update the post on my journey. Being a retirement village/ campus as such I doubt if its going to be simple. I guess the upside is the copper is owned by the village not a telco.
Will

Hi @Waiting4NBN

It appears that you were contacted by the assigned Case Manager already. The information (coordinates) you provided was already forwarded to NBNCo. As discussed, once an update is available, you will be advised by the Case Manager of the next step.

Waiting4NBN
Level 2
So the next steps. NBN cant determine the address/location. So I have been requested to send:
- screen snip of Google Street Level of the house
- a real photo of the house showing the letterbox and house number
Will

Hi @Waiting4NBN,

And we thank you for sending those snips. They were already forwarded to NBNCo and we're currently waiting for NBNCo to amend their records. Once we have a clear information on what location ID to use, an order will be submitted.

I'll be keeping an eye on this case.

Waiting4NBN
Level 2

3rd day after send last bit of information - still no change of status and no update

# Days since application : 45

Ahra_G

The Case Manager is now awaiting response from NBN Co, @Waiting4NBN. An email has been sent as well in which you can reply directly. 

Will

Hi @Waiting4NBN,

I've been monitoring this case and constantly coordinating with your Case Manager as well. NBNCo has now amended their records and we now have a location ID that can be used. Your order is now in progress and an NBN technician appointment has been booked for you.

Kindly refer to the email pertaining to the appointment schedule.

Once the installation is completed, you may refer to this article on how to set up your modem:

NBN FTTN/FTTB Setup - General Setup

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to leave a comment.