TPG Community

Get online support

Trying to port landline service AWAY from TPG

BasilDV

Hi @kfarr

Our Homephone Engineers advised that the number is no longer under TPG platform.

If you want to port the number, your new Telco will be the one to coordinate with Telstra for the steps that is needed to obtain the number.

BasilDV

kfarr
Level 2

Basil,

Thanks for the reply.

As you outlined I rang Telstra and spoke to their Technical Department about porting the number. Telstra have advised me that the number is still with TPG and that they can not assist us in porting the number and the only provider that can facilitate the porting is TPG.

Telstra advised us that all incoming calls for the number are being routed to TPG and in the phone number database the number is listed as being with/at TPG.

Their advice was to contact TPG and ask TPG to recall/reclaim the telephone number from quarantine and have it re-activated so that the number can be ported to the other provider.

Can you please advise when this can be done so we can arrange for the number to be ported out from TPG.

Thanks in Advance

Shane

If we create a new account under your name it will be whole new account and random home phone number will be assigned. The porting of number should have been discussed by the new provider during point of sale. 

Basil,

Thanks for the reply.

As you outlined I rang Telstra and spoke to their Technical Department about porting the number. Telstra have advised me that the number is still with TPG and that they can not assist us in porting the number and the only provider that can facilitate the porting is TPG.

Telstra advised us that all incoming calls for the number are being routed to TPG and in the phone number database the number is listed as being with/at TPG.

Their advice was to contact TPG and ask TPG to recall/reclaim the telephone number from quarantine and have it re-activated so that the number can be ported to the other provider.

Can you please advise when this can be done so we can arrange for the number to be ported out from TPG.

Thanks in Advance