TPG Community

Get online support

Trying to port landline service AWAY from TPG

kfarr
Level 2

Hi,

I need help sorting out an ongoing problem to port out my landline number from TPG to another provider.

The NBN changeover was successful but the landline port was NOT sucessful (17 Feb) which was only discovred after hours on 17th Feb.

I notified both my new provider and TPG that the port had failed the next day and I checked the TPG account page and it showed that the VOIP service status for our number was still active.

The new provider requested the number be ported again the following day but we were informed 5 days later the port had once again failed.

Upon checking the TPG account at that point in time, the VOIP details now showed the status of the service as Cancelled.

I have on two occassions since been told by TPGs call centres that the phone service would be re-activated so the number could be ported, but the account has never again shown as Active and port requests by the new provider have failed.

Please advise as to how I can resolve this problem as I have not received any calls to my number since this happened in Feb. I have tried the call centre but not had any luck, so hoping this forum can help me as I see it has helped others out with problems like this in the past.

Happy to PM my number &/or account details to Support staff.

Thanks

Kevin

12 REPLIES 12
Shane

Hi kfarr.

TPG do not have control with the porting of the landline number to the new service provider, it is best to raise this matter to them directly. 

We can check the status of the account if the service is still active, just to set your expectation re-activation of the phone service will require to activate the account.

Send us your details (Username/Customer ID together with the address on file).

Hi,

I need help sorting out an ongoing problem to port out my landline number from TPG to another provider.

The NBN changeover was successful but the landline port was NOT sucessful (17 Feb) which was only discovred after hours on 17th Feb.

I notified both my new provider and TPG that the port had failed the next day and I checked the TPG account page and it showed that the VOIP service status for our number was still active.

The new provider requested the number be ported again the following day but we were informed 5 days later the port had once again failed.

Upon checking the TPG account at that point in time, the VOIP details now showed the status of the service as Cancelled.

I have on two occassions since been told by TPGs call centres that the phone service would be re-activated so the number could be ported, but the account has never again shown as Active and port requests by the new provider have failed.

Please advise as to how I can resolve this problem as I have not received any calls to my number since this happened in Feb. I have tried the call centre but not had any luck, so hoping this forum can help me as I see it has helped others out with problems like this in the past.

Happy to PM my number &/or account details to Support staff.

Thanks

Kevin

kfarr
Level 2

Hi Shane,

I'm aware that the porting needs to be done at the other providers end, I just need assistance re-activating it to do that.

Do you want me to post the details here, or should I PM you those details?

Kevin

Shane

Send us your details via PM Smiley Happy

Hi Shane,

I'm aware that the porting needs to be done at the other providers end, I just need assistance re-activating it to do that.

Do you want me to post the details here, or should I PM you those details?

Kevin

kfarr
Level 2

Shane,

PM sent.

Thanks

Kevin

Shane

Thanks, this has been raised to our Provisioning Team for investigation yesterday and we made follow up to it. Expect an update via email as advised by our Accounts Team.

Regards,

Shane,

PM sent.

Thanks

Kevin

kfarr
Level 2

Hi,

Following up on this request as no email has been received as yet by us in relation to this.

When should we expect this email?

Regards,

Ahra_G

Hi @kfarr,

We've received a response from our Homephone Engineers and was advised that we are no longer linked to the homephone number and that it's been returned to the original donor (previous Telco) since February 2022. 

We highly recommend to contact Telstra directly. 

Thanks! 

Ahra_G

Hi,

Following up on this request as no email has been received as yet by us in relation to this.

When should we expect this email?

Regards,

kfarr
Level 2

Hi Ahra,

I am not willing to accept that answer and request TPG treat a previously loyal and long standing customer better than that.
Particularly as during the numerous phone calls I have made to TPG's call centre staff over the last month have provided me with information contrary to what you stated and those staff were far more willing to be helpful than you are being at the moment.

On three seperate occassions from 18 February to the 4 March different TPG staff have told me categorically that the number and account can/would and/or had been re-instated by TPG and that it was ready to be ported to the new provider. Why would they have done that if it wasn't the case?

This is the advice I've been given as being the only way this can work. I just want to once and for all sort out this issue, and I request TPGs assistance by doing the following:

You will need to ask TPG to reinstate the phone number.
The number should still be in quarantine and is able to be recovered so the number is able to be ported out again.

The number is still listed, as a TPG number, and even if given back to Telstra the number will still be able to be retrieved.

Please ask your current provider to:

- Reactivate your Account with TPG
- Retrieve the Phone Number from Quarantine, so it may be ported out.
- Setup a Divert from 039XXXXXX8 to 03XXXXXX01 once number has been retrieved from quarantine.
- Once retried from quarantine TPG to advise you of this.

Once you have been advised the number has been retrieved from quarantine, the porting process can be attempted again. If the number is not retrieved from Quarantine and put onto an active account with TPG any phone port submitted will fail.

SQ data of phone number:

6139XXXXXX8: Passed Qualification
Assigned Carrier: Telstra Corporation Ltd
Current Carrier: TPG / Soul Pattinson Telecommunications Pty Ltd
Third Party: Yes
Charge Zone: MELBOURNE

I'm happy to supply the XX'd out numbers above as a PM (as this will allow us to receive calls on the number while the port takes place).

My TPG Account was still in a positive balance when I was porting away and should have money still left in it to put towards any costs involved in this process (if there are any for some reason).

Please advise as to when this process is under way

Regards,

KFarr

BasilDV

This has been raised to our Homephone Engineers and updates will be provided once available.

BasilDV