TPG Community

Get online support

UNI-D 1 port not active

rdm2019mdr
Level 2

Hi there, I have the issue where my UNI-D1 port won't activate. ie no light on UNI-D1 port, which is the port I was told to connect to. (Should I try other ports?)
Optical light is green. Modem is one supplied by TPG.
I've called support and am awaiting an update. However, after doing some reading here it seems that a possible cause is that the serial number of my nbn box doesn't match.
At one point during my call I was told to reset the nbn box, this resulted in a short-lived orange light on the UNI-D1 port and also the globe LED on the modem. This only lasted a short time however and that was where we left my support call.
I am wondering if this has anything to do with the fact I live in a duplex, could it be that the address is registering incorrectly for some reason?
I was wondering if I could get a rough estimate of how long this issue usually takes to rectify.

7 REPLIES 7
BasilDV

Hi @rdm2019mdr ,

Welcome to TPG Community!

We were able to locate your account using your community details and understand that our Engineers was able to get in touch earlier today. Another call is scheduled after 3PM WA today for further discussion.

You are right, there's a possibility that the serial number of your NBN NTD box doesn't match the one that is registered at your address, but it will be confirmed later today.

Please wait for the call from your assigned Engineer and make sure that you are at home in case they need more information about your NBN NTD box.

In the meantime, if you have any further enquiries or require general information on the matter, contact us here and we'll be sure to get this coordinated for you.

Regards,

BasilDV

rdm2019mdr
Level 2

It has been confirmed that the number of my NBN box doesn't match.
I've been asked to take a photo of the serial number and the delivery address from the delivery of my modem.
I am having great difficulty getting my phone to focus on the small serial number on the NBN box as it is inside a mounting box which obscures the label.
Is it possible for me to supply the number directly to you here?
I've asked on the phone a couple of times the following question but it's possible I'm not framing it correctly:
As my house is part of a duplex (ie there is an A and B part to the same street number address) I'm wondering if the nbn box numbers have been mistakenly switched somehow on the system. Is there a way to check if the other unit attached to this address has the number that should be showing up as my nbn box?
Thanks.

BasilDV

Hi @rdm2019mdr 

You don't need to provide me the S/N number as it is already noted on our Engineers ticket.

If you are unable to focus on the S/N number of the NTD box, you can still take a picture that shows that you tried to focus on the S/N, but there's an obstruction. Just put the S/N number beside the picture.

You need to send it via Email along with your POD (Proof of dwelling), to confirm the address that is allocated to the account is correct.

Once they received the information, it will be forwarded directly to NBN Co and updates will be given once available.

Regards,

BasilDV

rdm2019mdr
Level 2

Thanks, I've gotten the pictures required and emailed them. My case has been raised with NBNco.
After contacting my real estate agent, it turns out that the addressing issue I referred to earlier may be the cause after all.
I bet my NBN box serial number matches the other unit of my address. Is there any way to check this?
Instead of A in my address we could try B?
My real estate agent is contacting the local council on monday to confirm if this is the case anyway.

Thanks again Basil.

Shane

Hi @rdm2019mdr

Our Engineers got the photos this is now under investigation and also has been raised to NBN Co. We're currently waiting for NBN co.'s update. Feedback will be provided when it's available via SMS or Phone call.

Cheers! Smiley Happy

rdm2019mdr
Level 2

I've been asked for further evidence of my address.
I've emailed a copy of my lease agreement to nbnfaults@tpg.com.au.

Would it be possible to get an ETA on a solution for this issue?

Shane

Hi @rdm2019mdr,

We've seen that you have been in contact with one of our Provisioning Case Manager and advised that we are currently awaiting for an update from NBN co.

Feedback will be provided when it's available via SMS or Phone call by our NBN Provisioning Team.

We apologise for any inconvenience.

Let us know should you require further assistance.

Cheers!