TPG Community

Get online support

Upgrading to nbn® FTTP with a higher speed plan

SOLVED Go to solution
RichTill
Level 3

We are in one of the areas that was selected for FTTN to FTTP upgrades - NBNco did the work at our green cabinet which I can see from my house 6months or so ago but we still can't figure out how we trigger an upgrade... My wife works from home and does lots of video calls so we really need faster connection... 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Angeli

Hi @RichTill

We will be participating in the NBN Fibre Connect Program soon. If you're interested, we can register your details and notify you as soon as it's ready. The program will only be available in selected areas. Can you please confirm which suburb you live in and we'll check if it's included as part of the program?

View solution in original post

27 REPLIES 27
Angeli

Hi @RichTill

We will be participating in the NBN Fibre Connect Program soon. If you're interested, we can register your details and notify you as soon as it's ready. The program will only be available in selected areas. Can you please confirm which suburb you live in and we'll check if it's included as part of the program?

RichTill
Level 3

Hey Angeli we are in Varsity lakes

Angeli

Hi, 

Okay, your suburb is eligible. We've registered your account and that way, you'll know as soon as the NBN upgrade is available. Cheers!

RichTill
Level 3

Awesome - do we have timings on when this might happen - ball park... in the next 3m or are we looking longer than that? 

Angeli

Hi, 

AT this stage, we're unable to provide a specific date, but we'll let you know as soon as it's available. Since your address has been registered, you'll be one of the first to know when it's ready.

robertjw
Level 4

Is there a timeframe yet?

Other retailers suggest that they are ready to process the change at my address, but is there a holdup with all retailers, including TPG? Or is it just TPG putting a plan together?

BasilDV

Hi @robertjw

Have you received an update if the upgrade to NBN FTTP is now available?

On our side, we are waiting for the update from NBN Co as we already registered your address for the FTTP upgrade.

We can't provide any timeframe on when is it going to be available for you, but hoping that it will be within the year.

BasilDV

robertjw
Level 4

Yes - I have got am email fron NBN that states the upgrade is available for my address.

BasilDV

Thank you @robertjw.

Could you send me a PM with the screenshot of the said email for us to check as well?

BasilDV