TPG Community

Get online support

Upgrading to nbn® FTTP with a higher speed plan

SOLVED Go to solution
MagnaJC
Level 2

First time poster here asking a simple question to TPG.

Does TPG offer the free Fibre upgrade from FTTN to FTTP or not????

I live in a suburb that has had the infrastructure upgraded 6 months ago. Still remember stopping to chat with the techies in the street as they ran fibre through exisitng Telstra pits and ducting.

I recieved an offical email from NBNCO on August 18 confirming I'm now elibile for the free upgrade at my home address.

NBNCO website street checker also confirms work is now complete and I am eligible for this free upgrade. Like other posters on this thread, I have made many, many lengthy phone calls to TPG concerning this only to be shunted from one department to another.

Unsatisfactory answers have always been the net result with no one wanting to come out and say YES or NO to availablity.

I've even advised TPG that despite being a loyal customer for over 20 years of service, I'm considering going elsewhere.

And I've written to my local politician requesting clarity as to whether the infrastructure upgrade is complete or not. They advise me it is and point me towards the website listing all providers offering a free upgrade (see below);

https://www.nbnco.com.au/residential/upgrades/fttp-upgrade-with-higher-speed-tiers/find-a-participat...

As others on this thread have noted, TPG is conspicuosly absent among other big and small name companies.

My suburb is Leopold, Victoria BTW. 

To anyone else that follows this thread and have been strung along by TPG: can you confirm if you ever recieved an upgrade from them or did you take your business elsewhere?

Regards,

MagnaJC

MagnaJC
Level 2

P.S; I've already "registered my interest" with TPG for updates concerning this upgrade. That is - the staff member I spoke to by phone advised me they were registering me for this. If this has actually been done correctly - I've had zero communications from TPG since that phone call.

BasilDV

Hi @MagnaJC

We'd like to confirm if the address has been registered.

Kindly send me a PM with your TPG account details.

BasilDV

MagnaJC
Level 2

PM has just been sent.

Please provide a definitve answer of if TPG will be doing this upgrade for their customers or not.

If so - WHEN??

If not - WHY???

Sincerely,

MagnaJC

robertjw
Level 4

No. I've been waiting patiently since June, when I was apparently "registered" by TPG after I was contacted by the NBN.

I haven't gone elsewhere yet because I can't contemplate my house's connection being unusable for a period with the inevitable IT issues that happen when you go elsewhere.

Early next year I may be able to have the house not working for however long it takes the sub contractors to sort any connection issue. I've basically given up - it's been so long for any communication to come back from TPG.

This thread is marked as Solved. I wonder why?

BasilDV

Hi @MagnaJC

We will apply the upgrade once we received an update from NBN Co that it's good to go.

Our team will be the one to contact you as soon as we received a heads up from NBN Co.

BasilDV

MagnaJC
Level 2

But according to NBNCO - the update/upgrade already IS ready to go.

This is why I took the extrordinary step of involving my local politician. To make dead certain that NBNCO are correct in their status of being ready to go.

If nothing else, why would they have sent me an official email confirming this status in August???

Why does my residential address show as being ready to do a free fibre upgrade???

According to the email recieved from my local politician (who I'll be writing to again about this tomorrow), there is NO PROBLEM, NO FURTHER WORK REQUIRED by NBNCO.

This says the problem lies with TPG. After all, why are they not listed on the providers page alongside Telstra, Optus and everyone else?????

robertjw
Level 4

Any progress on this @MagnaJC ?

Seems to be no priority given by TPG at this stage, from what I can see. Maybe some has got this to happen at their address.

Got me by the proverbial, since we all know how well any technology change goes with telecom companies. If it was FTTC to FTTC would be OK but FTTC to FTTP - too hard.