TPG Community

Get online support

Very slow upload speed TPG NBN

clint2jz
Level 2

Hi i want to upload 6Gb of video on youtube and im only getting 0.8 MBps upload speed.

can you please provide solution to this.

http://tpg.speedtestcustom.com/result/b1005d20-fb3d-11eb-a56f-193e0ee5b208

16 REPLIES 16
david64
Level 15

Hi @clint2jz . What NBN speed plan are you on? NBN12, NBN25, NBN50, NBN100? And what type of connection?

Are you using an ethernet computer or wifi device?

If you are on NBN12, this is about the best speed you can get.

clint2jz
Level 2

hi david,

I believe i'm on this bundle  NBN Broadband SL Bundle 12/1

does that mean its really crap speed 12Mbps down and 1 Mbps up??

if thats the case i need to upgrade!

david64
Level 15

@clint2jz . That's the theoretical top speed. You might get a tiny bit more at 2 am or a bit less in the evening peak. The faster plans are NBN25/5, NBN50/20 or NBN100/20. If your connection type is FTTN, speed is affected by distance to the node.

clint2jz
Level 2

Hi 

So i've already upgraded my plan to NBN SL 50 plan for 50Mbps download and 20 upload. how long does it take to come into effect as i just did a speed check test and its still 12 download and 1 upload.

david64
Level 15

@clint2jz . I don't know how long it takes to do.  Or whether you will be notified. You might have to reboot the router.

clint2jz
Level 2

hi

I've already rebooted the router and did speed test. download speed was good (50Mbps) but upload was still bad at 0.8MBps, should be around 20 MBps?? 

http://tpg.speedtestcustom.com/result/51587830-fc14-11eb-bfea-eba9aed1b0db

Why is upload still slow when download is better

david64
Level 15

@clint2jz . In the router admin, Advanced, Bandwidth Control.

If it is enabled, is there a value present?

You can try disabling bandwidth control or set a value of 19500kbps. Having a value is supposed to make the connection more reliable.

clint2jz
Level 2

hi i dont see any bandwidth control but i see QoS - is that same thing.

So what are the exact steps to increase the upload speed in the router settings?

How do i disable bandwidth control?

Cheers

david64
Level 15

@clint2jz . I think they are the same. What model of router do you have? My description was for the supplied VR1600.