TPG Community

Get online support

Will my modem work with TPG NBN FTTP? Billion 7800VDPX

SOLVED Go to solution
br3nd0
Level 2

Moved over from Exetel yesterday. Got all emails and text messages today confirming service active. Obviously haven't received my new modem yet as I only placed the order Friday.

Tried to use the TPG login details on my modem which is a Billion 7800VDPX but it wouldn't work, can anyone offer any advise? Wouldn't mind getting in early and testing out the connection before the TPG-supplied modem arrives.

Cheers

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BasilDV

Hi @br3nd0,

Welcome to TPG Community!

We were able to locate your account using your community details and can confirm that the account is already active.

We've checked your Billion 7800VDPX and it is compatible with NBN technology.

We would like to visualize and analyze your setup.

Is the Billion modem connected to the UNI-D port 2 on the NBN NTD box?

Was the Billion modem provided by Exetel or did you purchase it on your own?

Before you tried to login your TPG username or customer ID number, did you reset the modem?

Please provide us a screenshot with your modem/router configuration interface to look into it further.

Kind regards,

BasilDV

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
BasilDV

Hi @br3nd0,

Welcome to TPG Community!

We were able to locate your account using your community details and can confirm that the account is already active.

We've checked your Billion 7800VDPX and it is compatible with NBN technology.

We would like to visualize and analyze your setup.

Is the Billion modem connected to the UNI-D port 2 on the NBN NTD box?

Was the Billion modem provided by Exetel or did you purchase it on your own?

Before you tried to login your TPG username or customer ID number, did you reset the modem?

Please provide us a screenshot with your modem/router configuration interface to look into it further.

Kind regards,

BasilDV

br3nd0
Level 2

Hi Basil, thanks for your response. I will check this afternoon and provide an update.

br3nd0
Level 2

Thanks Basil, all working now. Just changed the ethernet cable on the modem as instructed.

Do I now need to contact Exetel to cancel my service with them, or does this happen automatically?

BasilDV

Hi @br3nd0,

Great to know that you've got it working.

If you choose to port your home phone number to us, then you need the account from Exetel to remain active until it is successfully transferred. But if you are not going to port the phone number, then you need to terminate your account from them as we are unable to do that for you as they may need to discuss their process.

Should you require further assistance, please let us know.

Kind regards,

BasilDV