email error

sbunney1955
Level 2

I am having problems with sending emails. Server Error 550. I am  using windows live mail.

I can receive mail okay but am unable to send.  This problem is new. I have been using the email process for a long time with no problems.  I have recheked the settings mail.tpg.com.au pop 3 (110) SMTP 25.

Please advise solution for this problem.

Error message

The message could not be sent. The setting for your outgoing email [SMTP] server might need to be configured. To find the server settings for 'XXXXXX@therecruitmentalternative.com.au', please contact your email service provider.

Subject 'Re: Health/Aged Care Territory Manager - SSS Australia'

Server Error: 550

Server Response: 550 5.7.1 <XXXXXX@therecruitmentalternative.com.au>... Relaying denied. IP name possibly forged [XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX]

Server: 'mail.tpg.com.au'

Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC79

Protocol: SMTP

Port: 25

Secure(SSL): No

2 REPLIES 2
Shane

Hi @sbunney1955 ,

Welcome to the community! 

Thanks for raising this to us, we did an article that you may find helpful. This will guide you on how to perform a basic troubleshooting for this issue, please see link below.

Cannot Send Email Rejected by the Server/Banned from using SMTP 

Let us know how it will go.

Cheers!

@sbunney1955 wrote:

I am having problems with sending emails. Server Error 550. I am  using windows live mail.

I can receive mail okay but am unable to send.  This problem is new. I have been using the email process for a long time with no problems.  I have recheked the settings mail.tpg.com.au pop 3 (110) SMTP 25.

Please advise solution for this problem.

Error message

The message could not be sent. The setting for your outgoing email [SMTP] server might need to be configured. To find the server settings for 'gladisc@therecruitmentalternative.com.au', please contact your email service provider.

Subject 'Re: Health/Aged Care Territory Manager - SSS Australia'

Server Error: 550

Server Response: 550 5.7.1 <gladisc@therecruitmentalternative.com.au>... Relaying denied. IP name possibly forged [118.208.130.164]

Server: 'mail.tpg.com.au'

Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC79

Protocol: SMTP

Port: 25

Secure(SSL): No

BasilDV

Hi @sbunney1955

Welcome to the Community!

We were able to locate your account using your community details and learned that you've been in touch with our Tech team.

A case manager contacted you earlier today and guided you to reconfigure the outgoing settings, which resolved the issue.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

BasilDV