TPG Community

Get online support

help from TPG please, customer Account Number: xxxxxxx

emmashannon
Level 2
'Hi a technician came yesterday but I was told a hole would need to be drilled through the wall to the outside of the apartment and then cable along the bottom of the wall in my apartment as the foxtel plug wasn't working???  The tech was very abrupt and didn't explain anything

As I am renting I needed to get autority from landlord to do this:   Before this is done my landlord wants to know can you run conduit over the black cabling along the wall? (a tube or trough for protecting electric wiring.)  And if so is there an additional cost?  

Thanks
Emma
8 REPLIES 8
Shane

Hi @emmashannon ,

Welcome to the community!

We're able to locate your account using your given details. We can see that your NBN-HFC installation is a service class 22 which means NBN Technician requires to install the NBN box on the premises. The location of the NBN-NTD box will depend on their assessment, as they need to consider the location if the coaxial cable from outside will reach it or if there's any additional work that's needed to complete the job.

One of our Provisioning Case Manager contacted you earlier today to provide the current case progress unfortunately no avail. Let us know your best contact number and preferred time we'll have them contact you again.

In case you need a reference: How do I private message (PM) in the community

Cheers!

emmashannon
Level 2
I was very clear in my original message asking what I needed. Please read what I said. If I can’t get a straight answer to the original message I will cancel and go with another provider

I phoned back tpg and requested a call back but no one phoned
BasilDV

Hi @emmashannon,

My apologies if there was a misunderstanding with your query.

The NBN technician needs to assess if the cables can fit into the black tube mounted on your wall. Our Provisioning team may put a special request, but we can't guarantee that it can be done.

If you may send a PM with your preferred time and best number to be contacted, I'll arrange a call from your case manager to discuss this further.

Regards,

BasilDV

emmashannon
Level 2

I am getting very frustrated.  I DONT HAVE BLACK TUBING ALONG THE WALL.  I'm asking for the last time.

If a white cover which is called a coduit can run over the wiring along the wall and if there is a cost? (which needs to be installed by the techncian).  A TPG technican has already been to my apartment said that the wiring needs to go along the wall.  So please answer this question highlighted in bold!!!!!!   I need an answer in writing via email.  I will cancel the istalation if I don't get this answer today in writing.

BasilDV

Hi @emmashannon,

My apologies.

Upon checking further with NBN Co., Yes, they will install a conduit to run over the cables and a wall plate for the NBN HFC service to be connected. No extra charge for it.

If you would like the confirmation to be on writing, please PM me with your preferred email address and will advise your case manager with your request.

Regards,

BasilDV

emmashannon
Level 2

thanks for answering.  I'll organise a tech from TPG week beginning 14th October as away for a couple of weeks

BasilDV

You are welcome, @emmashannon.

Have a great weekend.

BasilDV

blackiyto
Level 2

thanks for answering.  

Sarkari Result Pnr Status 192.168.1.1