install date or update

princest2230
Level 2

Hi - we receieved our NBN & modem pack [FTTC] 10days ago & urgently need connection.

Can you give me an update please?

Your email dated 21.3.20 stated that 24hrs after delivery we would receive notification as to our service being active.

The issue may be that the phone line hasn't been used in 18mths at this apartment....is it just a matter of a Telstra tech activating the line or do they have to attend our residence??

thanks!

7 REPLIES 7
david64
Level 15

You could try just plugging the NBN connection box in the wall socket and see what lights come on. If the 'connection' or 'dsl' lights don't come on, there is still a network problem.

princest2230
Level 2
Hi - got another text saying you’re ready to activate but my connection light is still blinking/flashing.
Yes,I’ve checked all my setup & it’s all in order.
PLEASE HELP ASAP
david64
Level 15

As I understand it, flashing Connection light means the NBN box isn't supplying power to a copper/fibre interface out on the street. Are you able to reply to the SMS saying it's not working.

princest2230
Level 2
Thanks David - I’ve replied via SMS (0416 906 330) There definitely seems like an issue from the street/curb into our unit.
What happens now we’ve ‘confirmed’ this - does a tech have to come out???
Cheers
david64
Level 15

I expect it would be a NBN tech. Somewhere outside. He should verify that the Connection light goes blue before he leaves. The DSL light should come on about the same time. The LAN light is on when the wifi router is connected.

princest2230
Level 2
Thanks David
So the next step is....do you report this & I wait to be contacted or do I need to report this??
david64
Level 15

That SMS should be enough to kick things along (it was to say that it was no good?). I have no authority to do anything. TPG is the interface to NBN. I don't know how soon you will hear back.